London Museum Incident

I saw Murray say something about this once. The 'statistically speaking you're more likely to commit suicide than to be a casualty of a terror attack' or whatever. I think it's the 'we live amongst them' thing. Yes, your stairs or your heart are more likely to be the cause of your death, but knowing that there are people out there, wanting to kill indiscriminately changes things for people.
Does it change things for you? Do you choose to change anything you do because of terrorism? I don't. That's not because I'm especially brave or anything, I'm not, I'm a fucking coward if truth be told but I certainly don't go about my daily life giving terrorism or terrorists a second thought. The only time it even crosses my mind is when I'm searched going into the etihad or something. And even then I just think if a terrorist wanted to cause carnage at the etihad then arsing around searching everyone would not stop them. The whole thing is overplayed IMO, particularly in the media. It is totally counterproductive and only helps them achieve their aims of scaring people. If this thing today was not terrorism, we won't hear a thing about it again by tomorrow night. If it was terrorism they'll still be going on about it this time next week. The news channels do the terrorists work for them.

You can almost sense Sky are disappointed it was just a road traffic accident.

Black man getting dragged out of the car and pinned down. They have only just blurred his face out unlike earlier on. Cunts.

Black man getting dragged out of the car and pinned down. They have only just blurred his face out unlike earlier on. Cunts.
The 24 hour news channels are a fucking blight on society. You can genuinely sense the excitement when they think something big is happening even when it's something horrifically bad. I hate them.

Does it change things for you? Do you choose to change anything you do because of terrorism? I don't. That's not because I'm especially brave or anything, I'm not, I'm a fucking coward if truth be told but I certainly don't go about my daily life giving terrorism or terrorists a second thought. The only time it even crosses my mind is when I'm searched going into the etihad or something. And even then I just think if a terrorist wanted to cause carnage at the etihad then arsing around searching everyone would not stop them. The whole thing is overplayed IMO, particularly in the media. It is totally counterproductive and only helps them achieve their aims of scaring people. If this thing today was not terrorism, we won't hear a thing about it again by tomorrow night. If it was terrorism they'll still be going on about it this time next week. The news channels do the terrorists work for them.

I agree, the media shouldn't draw things out like they do. But it's more on the radar, say rather than falling down your stairs and breaking your neck or frying your chips in too much oil. We are more aware now, especially in crowded places. I think this terrorism stuff just lingers in the air and infects people. I guess the media have to report it, we all want to know if something has happened, but the by-product is fear, which, as I say, is 'in the air' rather than a direct thing.
Whether or not we should be scared by what takes place isn't really down to us, because it's a reaction, it is what it is, and the media (if it has an agenda) can either try to feed it or temper it.

I agree, the media shouldn't draw things out like they do. But it's more on the radar, say rather than falling down your stairs and breaking your neck or frying your chips in too much oil. We are more aware now, especially in crowded places. I think this terrorism stuff just lingers in the air and infects people. I guess the media have to report it, we all want to know if something has happened, but the by-product is fear, which, as I say, is 'in the air' rather than a direct thing.
Whether or not we should be scared by what takes place isn't really down to us, because it's a reaction, it is what it is, and the media (if it has an agenda) can either try to feed it or temper it.
The media have a vested interest in the perpetuation of terrorism. If they wanted to starve it of the oxygen of publicity then they could do, relatively speaking. But they don't and why would they? After all, if 100+ people get shot in Paris it's fucking bonanza time for the likes of BBC news and sky news. I wonder if it would give a young kid second thoughts if he didn't know that killing himself and taking a load of people with him would for certain give him world wide infamy and weeks of wall to wall coverage on news channels all across the western world? We will never know.

The whole thing is overplayed IMO, particularly in the media. It is totally counterproductive and only helps them achieve their aims of scaring people. If this thing today was not terrorism, we won't hear a thing about it again by tomorrow night. If it was terrorism they'll still be going on about it this time next week.
You are totally correct, the media just love it, but they love to scare monger on most aspects of life, from burglary, to paedophiles, drink drivers, to terrorists, health, and food/drink to acid attacks.

Terrorists don't "scare" me personally, but I do observe what is going on around me in certain areas of my life, it doesn't do any harm, but where I work, and some places I go, are probably higher profile targets.

As I said earlier, the Daily Fail went straight in with the terrorism angle. They said he 'deliberately mowed them down' (according to WHO?) and their headline was TERROR AT THE MUSEUM. They should be fucking shut down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.