London Stadium (West Ham) - Visitors Opinion

really don't like it. The crowd is too far away from the pitch and the biggest problem is that it's an athletics stadium where football is played. With the Etihad it was designed as a football stadium where athletics could be staged. That's the difference

Yes, I think I understood what you were saying. That's why I said in response to your question that "It doesn't". People standing at the front (or anywhere else, for that matter) has nothing to do with acceptable viewing distances. It's just being used as a stick by the council to exert pressure on West Ham.

As to West Ham hoping to increase capacity to 67K, that's simply a consequence of them having been surprised by how big the demand for tickets has been. So they've decided that they could sell tickets for some of the tarped off seats after all. They would have to sell them very cheaply, though, I imagine. And they'll probably also have to advertise them as being of a less than optimal view.

It will all be moot, though, unless performances on the pitch improve.
Right gotcha just a bullshit reason then .if they have to sell them any cheaper they will be paying the fans to come to the games !

But I was constantly told we wouldn't come close to selling out the O/S despite the cheap tickets .. Yet we have done and even over 40k last week v Accrington. We have a huge waiting list for season tickets aswell.
If we do only get 40k fans around winter .. So what ? Doesn't bother me. I see pockets of seats at most Prem grounds now. I don't see the issue. So far ... Despite everything. We've had huge attendances and the atmosphere has been fine.
A couple more for you mark do you think that making the tickets too cheap will come back to haunt you as you have kids and fair weather fans stopping your genuine fans attending by leaving their seats empty ?
And is it true only 3 sides of the ground have been moved nearer the pitch ? Always thought it was all sides why have they only done 3 then ?

A couple more for you mark do you think that making the tickets too cheap will come back to haunt you as you have kids and fair weather fans stopping your genuine fans attending by leaving their seats empty ?
And is it true only 3 sides of the ground have been moved nearer the pitch ? Always thought it was all sides why have they only done 3 then ?

No problem answering these but for me personally. None of it effects me!
Any genuine fan can attend .. It's 57,000 for god sake. I get there's kids and 'fair weather' fans but what can you do to prevent that ?
To me the dugout side looks far to back from the pitch. I've not sat over there. The other 3 sides are ok enough view wise unless your up in the gods. Maybe they will look to enclose it all sides more in the future.

Loads of mates went yesterday, all said facilities were great and getting to ground far easier than Upton. Atmosphere was excellent in away section, but Upton park had more noise when it was shut, than rest of ground (understandable!)
All said it looks and feels nothing like a football stadium.... couple who follow England compared it to an Eastern block country who have one national stadium for all big sports events.
They also said if things don't improve drastically on pitch... it won't be a PL stadium next season, as West Ham were beyond awful (only saw motd highlights.... and that only highlighted the point tbh)
Shame.... as work is better when Southampton lose!

No problem answering these but for me personally. None of it effects me!
Any genuine fan can attend .. It's 57,000 for god sake. I get there's kids and 'fair weather' fans but what can you do to prevent that ?
To me the dugout side looks far to back from the pitch. I've not sat over there. The other 3 sides are ok enough view wise unless your up in the gods. Maybe they will look to enclose it all sides more in the future.
What I'm driving at is you can potentially have 10,000 empty seats in the ground because they were sold to cheaply and fans carnt get in to see the team as officially its sold out,and from what I read the ticket exchange thing is showing no signs of working .

Will stick to my original view - they won't play there in 15 years.

What I'm driving at is you can potentially have 10,000 empty seats in the ground because they were sold to cheaply and fans carnt get in to see the team as officially its sold out,and from what I read the ticket exchange thing is showing no signs of working .

I didn't go Southampton at home.

I was at Watford at home. I didn't see a spare seat at that game. Aside from some very small pockets at the very top - so 'genuine' fans can go.

I didn't go Southampton at home.

I was at Watford at home. I didn't see a spare seat at that game. Aside from some very small pockets at the very top - so 'genuine' fans can go.
Just asking on what I've read on kumb,and by the way I like west ham,think it stems from being taken to a Wrexham vwest ham match when I was at school about 1978 ish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.