London

Now that is a beautiful post. Wetherspoons serve a valued functional role in modern life for me; cheap ale, quick food, served in a flash at the bar, grub brought out like they value serving it, and all done and dusted in an hour or so to enable us to go and enjoy the rest of day or evening or whatever may lay ahead.
The proper pub in its basest form is still the best place in the whole wide world to be. A Wetherspoons is like the base layer, or a massage; an enabler and a solid foundation if you will.
You wonder how many of the foreign lads that play for City ever frequent the pub. Real pubs, not bars or restaurants. They are missing out on so much; and it’s right on their doorstep.

You wonder how many of the foreign lads that play for City ever frequent the pub. Real pubs, not bars or restaurants. They are missing out on so much; and it’s right on their doorstep.
KDB would curl a Red Lion in with an instep right into the path of a good Greyhound who would slot it effortlessly beyond the fingertips of an otherwise solid Ship Inn, beaten at the White Post with a Kings Arms.

Agred. Especially hidden country pubs. Been lucky enough to visit some belters around the country.
I had once been on a walk somewhere halfway between Brighton and London.
Walk itself was a washout, rain and knee deep chalk mud, but I found this amazing little pub tucked away somewhere.
Have never been able to find the name somehow, despite searching a lot on Google

It's alright to visit, and I could probably live there, but if I had a choice I would rather be on the coast in a little cottage, so if I had a choice of cities to live in I will stick with Manchester

Last edited:
It's alright to visit, and I could probably live there, but if I had a choice I wpuld.rather be on the coast in a little cottage, so if I had achooce of Cities to love in I will sticl with Manchester
You need autocorrect to be working mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.