Long hard season is starting to show in the team.

leighton

This is just starting to piss me off. These so call footballers are fucking up. The mistakes out there were schoolboy level not priemership level. Nothing to take away from that game apart from Irelands goal. There was no real zip to the game nobody buzzing around. Nobody closing players down how bad are we going to get by the end of the season.

I know we have started before most of the teams apart from Villa but it is looking like this season is starting to show in the players. Just like Villa who have been shit over the recent weeks are City and Villas down fall competing in the early rounds of the Uefa Cup as I know this sounds mad but in future I would avoid those fair play early rounds of the Cup as in the long term it fucks up the team big time. Maybe it is just me but City must have played so far well over 50 games this season thats some amount of games. No wonder we are showing poor form when it matters, Hughes has to make his mind up and go for 1 thing the Uefa Cup as in win it or the league and forget about the Uefa Cup. We still need 1 more win to make sure we are still in the league this season but the games are coming quick and fast. This team could of been easily up there in 7th place this season if it wasn't for the Uefa Cup maybe this came a season too early because next season it is looking like we wont be playing in the Europa League.

Quite right. You need a big squad if you want to be successful in the league and progress in the cup tournaments. Everton and Villa have benefited from being knocked out of europe early on. We look very tired.

citymad said:
Quite right. You need a big squad if you want to be successful in the league and progress in the cup tournaments. Everton and Villa have benefited from being knocked out of europe early on. We look very tired.

Villa got knocked out only one round before us didn't they?

This is exactly what happened to Sven last year. the long season took its toll on the players and he got sacked for it.

Benefited ? I know what you're saying but the whole point of climbing the league is to qualify for Europe, whether it's the Champions League or the Europa.

I don't include Everton in this but as we all know Villa 'let go' in trying to win the UEFA Cup in return for climbing the league.

Is this not a contradiction on their part - what's the point in benefiting ?

staffs_blue said:
skybluekings said:
This is exactly what happened to Sven last year. the long season took its toll on the players and he got sacked for it.

we weren't in europe last season

Well we didn't go out of the Carling Cup or FA Cup after the first game either.

skybluekings said:
staffs_blue said:
skybluekings said:

we weren't in europe last season

Well we didn't go out of the Carling Cup or FA Cup after the first game either.

pretty much.we got 4th round in fa cup i think and 1/4 of carling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.