Long Shot Kick De Bucket

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
I've just found out (via youtube) that this legendary song is about a horse called Long Shot who falls at the last fence of his first race.
Apparently Caymanas Park is a racecourse in Jamaica & the other horses in the race are called Combat & Carousel.
Oh, and all me money gone a' ell.
I suppose that's what talking in pidgin english does for you.
Rude boys outta jail!!!!

My claim to fame this week is spotting 007 (Shanty Town) by Desmond Decker from the first three notes and knowing the proper name and artist.

Dusting off my harrington, my two tone tonics and my grey suede shoes as I type...

I've just found out (via youtube) that this legendary song is about a horse called Long Shot who falls at the last fence of his first race.
Apparently Caymanas Park is a racecourse in Jamaica & the other horses in the race are called Combat & Carousel.
Oh, and all me money gone a' ell.
I suppose that's what talking in pidgin english does for you.
Rude boys outta jail!!!!
Yeah ...great song. The reggae album Tighten Up was a cracker.

As far as I'm concerned The Pioneers is the ONLY version.Those Specials chappies are mere newcomers to the Ska/Rocksteady scene.
Best gig I ever went to was The Specials 2009 Friday night comeback gig at the Brixton Academy, after 30 years in the wilderness. An encore of Too Much Too Young, Longshot Kick de Bucket, Skinhead Moonstomp & Enjoy Yourself. Place was absolutely rocking......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.