loose to west brom - consequences

He lacks some pace which is his main problem. Despite looking much older than he is he's still only about 23, so can still learn a lot. You don't get to be an Argentinian international defender if you've not got something. His positioning is good, he's made a few far post saving headers in recent weeks that show exceptional full back defensive play. Even though he was one of the better players last night, he didn't have the best of games but was constantly trying to cover the crap playing next to him. Put him in a quality defence and he will be excellent, I really believe that. His diving in tackling has also got a lot better, I don't feel he is on a red card every time he plays now, I did for the first month or two of the season.[/quote]

i agree with what you say you can't judge him when hes playin in a defense that aint got ant cover from its midfield and that basically cant defend anyway, lets see whos playin next to him in jan or next season then we'll see

Disturbance said:
moomba said:
We're also 4th bottom of the league.

Not worrying really, although I am worried by this suggestion a lot of people are making that he isn't a capable coach and needs to buy players to get results.

Yeah, the main argument for keeping Hughes seems to be he needs time to build a side. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of him if he can't work with the existing playing staff.

Sum's the whole situation up to a tee...

We are being sucked in very quickly here what people seem to forget is that with the 38 game season the 2 holiday periods(Xmas and Easter)are not a much larger part of your total number of games played. Furthermore, when it comes to attracting players I would assume(having never been in negotiations myself)that part of what a player will be interested in is how that manager figures on using him, if you have a manager that is looking in a vulnerable position does that carry the same weight as say an upper mid table manager that is saying the same thing? Bottom line it's only 3 points, but the more and more this goes on the harder it is for Hughes to hold on as manager.

vinny123 said:
if the unthinkable happens on sunday and we loose as some think we might, my question is where does that leave us.

now the short term answer is in bottom 3 and in shit, but in the scheme of the season are we then looking at the distinct possibility of relegation . and in january instead of rubbing our hands and wondering who is coming will we be facing a mass exodus.

and realisticly where do people see us finishing.

i personaly feel we will get it sorted and mark hughes will come good and finish between 12th and 9th and having now seen the uefa cup draw i think we have a very good chance of quarters or semi

well now over to you

Gary Cook will unveil his special news which is ...............................................................
HUGHES your sacked

not being funny, but who really thought that mark hughes was going to be a good city manager?
he's been manager of who exactly?
wales and blackburn.
wales and bloody blackburn, where he won what?

Losing to West Bromich Albion will result in Mr. Hughes being relieved of his managerial duties at this club the morning after.

jimtolmiesperm said:
not being funny, but who really thought that mark hughes was going to be a good city manager?
wales and blackburn.

i did how wrong i was

westie said:
jimtolmiesperm said:
wales and blackburn.

i did how wrong i was

i personally think if we didnt have the money and robinho hughes would do a better job. when he was appointed things were going to shit and Thaksins money was running out. he was the best we could get and hope for. however, now circumstances have changed dramatically and he cant cope with the added pressure and bigger personalities. he cant handle the job. he's not up to it.

hughes out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.