Losing Scouts to our Rivals

And rumour has it their best kid is jumping ship to sign for City anyhow. So the problem there wasn't 'scouting' it's the part which comes next.

any more info on this Nev? not heard this rumour....

I've just asked but it turns out it's just my mate reading an old online article re MacAtee & the other lad who are already here.

False alarm.

Apologies if this is on the board already, but I've done a search and not found it. It appears that Simon Wilson, whom the BBC describes as our "director of football services", is moving to Sunderland to be their "chief football officer" from 1 January 2017: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38131247

I don't know anything about him or the work he's done for our club over the last decade, but it seems as though it's a promotion for him. That's the thing when you're in a highly competitive industry and employ very talented people - your rivals will always be trying to poach them. Happened to my employer the other week. The good thing for City is that the structures and processes we have in place should allow us to deal fairly seamlessly with the loss by promoting or recruiting suitably qualified replacements while the organisation continues to function professionally.

Yeah, I saw this the other day. To be honest, I hadn't heard of him but it sounds like a big step up from his previous role at City. Not surprised he grabbed the opportunity.

Sounds like the rags are briefing their media mates about us losing two of our recruiters to them as a smokescreen to cover the fact we are nicking some of their playing talent.

Come back to me when they've facilities to match ours and I'll worry.
It's not about facilities, if it was all these countries where football clubs don't have a pot to piss and have pitches scorched by the Sun with no grass on them and pot holes everywhere wouldn't be bringing through the world's best talent decade after decade.

It's not about facilities, if it was all these countries where football clubs don't have a pot to piss and have pitches scorched by the Sun with no grass on them and pot holes everywhere wouldn't be bringing through the world's best talent decade after decade.
Which countries would these be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.