Louden Tavern - Ibrox

your spoilt for choice for a drink in Glasgow, pubs all over the place.

If your in the city center loads of pubs round central station at least 4 wetherspoons minutes from the station and other pubs ranging from wine bars, rock bars, sports bars to wee old mens pubs with a bit of character!

Right outside the station Waterloo Street has several bars, Drop and Roddy Dhus are good for grub and drinks and a bit over the Admiral is a good indie pub again grub and beer is good to.

If you further up town Bath Street has loads of bars and is good for a pub crawl, most bars are downstairs so look down the way when you heading along the street!!

As above the Merchant City area has loads of bars, I would recommend Maggie Mays and Boteco De Brazil beside it!!

Will I be allowed in to the Louden if I were my favourite bobble hat?

1znwnxt.jpg

That shit is sacrilege

Much like the City/Rangers ones they also sold in the old souvenir shop.

Yep, during my indoctrination as a young boy, because thats what it was, I despised Celtic - then the brain kicked in as a teenager and to this day, I can honestly say I couldn't give a Flying Dutchmen, treat people as you find them..

At Tolms wedding, simply the best came on and the dance floor parted like the Red Sea, this from kin ffs - still makes me giggle!!!

Any blues who are driving and thinking 2 pints before the match and I will be ok to drive back. Think again, Scotland's drink driving laws are less than half ours. A pint and you are over limit
Great point. Could catch a few out.

You would be better of anywhere in town as its either a half hour hoof from merchant city or jump in a cab anywhere on the city centre. Not many place near parkhead to drink but as has been said ibrox is other side of town and not much around either

I second the Laurieston. Looks a dive from the outside but it's absolutely magic. Sure it won some sort of pub of the year award last year or so too.

It's brilliant, one of my favourite pubs anywhere. There is a pub on the way to Ibrox which is marvellous Old Toll Bar which has sadly been shut for a few years due to structural problems.

I'd say sadly that in comparison to other city centres pubs Manchester is sh*te, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh piss all over Manchester in this respect.

Are you not getting confused with the Louden Tavern on Duke St, near Parkhead which is a Rangers Pub (all painted up) and much better
than it's namesake near Ibrox.
You also have The Bristol Bar on Duke St, which is a Rangers shrine ( a fortune.s been spent on it).
Have a look on their website, doesn't look much from the outside but it's amazing inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.