Low flying plane in the night

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rickmcfc, 21 Apr 2017.

1. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Can't remember but don't think it was. Seem to remember it only had two engines so a 737 or A300.

2. purplenose

purplenose

Horizontal dancing instructor
    Without doubt one of the funniest things I have ever seen involved a low flying aircraft. In this case a Luftwaffe Tornado.

Must be about 20 year ago one on of the campsites at the Royal Internatinal Air Tattoo at Fairford, the world still had a sense of humour at the time.

It was about 8am and most were still fast asleep in their tents many having been on the piss the night before. I had woken up bursting for a piss and was making my way to the bog when i noticed a smoke trail in the distance signalling the first of the Thursday arrivals. However it soon became apparent it was moving fast and was heading toward the campsite rather than the adjacent airfield.

Wings swept back full reheat 100ft at a push down the whole campsite before breaking into the circuit and landing. You have never seen so many people stumbling out of tents hungover still pissed up not knowing what the fuck was going on, absolutely hilarious.

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

Probably a reposition

4. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

A Chinook went over Whitefield/Radcliffe around lunchtime today. Probably unrelated, but fantastic to see.

5. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

I fucking love it! Especially when chin wagging with the neighbours in the streets, then having an awkward 20 second pause mid sentence waiting for the fucking things to pass over!

6. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    Being in Salford it was probably the plane carryng the unused ' Maureen-io' out banner.

7. Xiphos

Xiphos

I blame Trump

8. lonestay

lonestay

Thought the spook planes were jets? used to know a pilot that flew one of them.

9. maccieblue

maccieblue

You shouldnt have left the landing light on !