Lucas Hernandez

Pep likes versatile players and frequently changes players positions.
See 'Dinho & Navas last year or the numerous times at Bayern when he swapped players positions around. If we are going for him he may well be both.

Cheers mate....so likely would start at LCB and cover for Mendy?

Cheers mate....so likely would start at LCB and cover for Mendy?

IMO he would likely rotate with Nico at LCB, as Stones will perhaps rotate with Vinny at RCB, and provide cover for Mendy at LB. Long term, you're potentially looking at a permanent Hernandez-Stones partnership at CB though.

Really...... thought he was French?

He is, think he's talking about Hernandez's comments when he extended at the start of May ("Atletico is the club of my life")

I mean, he's not really going to say "Atletico is shite and I only signed this contract to get more money".

Lucas Hernandez - 50mil to us
Theo Hernandez - 30mil to Real Madrid

Why?

Lucas has a 55m release clause because he extended his contract at the start of May. Theo's clause, at the time of the agreement with Real, was lower. We're already buying at a discount, if this story is correct, which Atleti technically don't have to sell at.

On that note, it's remarkable to me that the club would wait an extra year over 5m. That should be proof for anyone that we aren't just throwing money at players with reckless abandon.

Lucas has a 55m release clause because he extended his contract at the start of May. Theo's clause, at the time of the agreement with Real, was lower. We're already buying at a discount, if this story is correct, which Atleti technically don't have to sell at.

On that note, it's remarkable to me that the club would wait an extra year over 5m. That should be proof for anyone that we aren't just throwing money at players with reckless abandon.

A release clause doesn't mean they are worth that much?
50mil for their current 4th choice CB/2nd choice LB, of course they'll sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.