Lucas Hernandez

What happened to actual coaching? Come on you can do better than that old tired cliche.

You think Pep is going to bring him in and NOT coach him? Guardiolas coaching is a finite respurce and we want to maximise that by getting players who will be young enough to learn it quickly and who will stay here long after he's gone to carry it on, like Pique has at Barcelona. Why waste a year of coaching on Kolarov before he gets released?

As for systems and scouting...it's Guardiola. He's a fucking nut about details and scouting and analysis so I'm sure he's done enough especially since he wanted him last summer too.

Lastly, Mangala came from a team playing a very high line, and struggled playing a high line here. Nastasic came from a classic deeper Italian defence and struggled playing a high line here. When it comes to CBs and us, how your old team played doesn't really mean much IMO, but it's reassuring to know that any kid who's been coached by someone will have good fundamental defending skills to build on.
A players old team's style has no bearing on how well a player will play here, but it definitely has an influence on our perception of the player. And it has an influence on the selling clubs perception.

When I ask 'what happened to coaching' I am being deadly serious. It's not at all cliche. We have 3 quality centre backs. Defences need consistency. How would be maintain any form of selection consistency when we have 4 players to fill 2 positions. Centre back units shouldn't be swapped and changed in the same way an attacking unit is. It relies far too much on organisation and knowing the tendencies and characteristics of your defensive partner.

Unless we suddenly think Lucas will be better than Stones and we are going to either move Stones, Kompany or Otamendi on, I don't see the logic in it.

Didn't he also just sign an extension not so long ago? Wonder if the 50m is his release clause..

I think that's because he's stuck behind Godin as the LCB.

I do remember him being chucked into a CL semi final 2 or 3 years ago and being incredible despite being a baby back then.

€50m is crazy money for a player who Is definitely not a starter though.
So incredible you can't remember what year it was. Incredible.

@domalino @cadds92

I don't think we will go for both too, just wishful thinking. I'm a bit torn with Lucas and VVD. Both are good young players, but my take on them :

Lucas is too similar to Stones in that they're not very physical defenders but are very astute-tactically and technically. It's almost like Lucas built for Europe/CL games.

While on the other hand VVD is physical freak much like Kompany is and is pretty much built for the PL.

Don't know which one I'd go for honestly.

In the end I'm just hating the fact we could've gotten both Lucas and Theo for the same prize last season.

I wonder if we are going for a French left CB for the chemistry with the possibility of Mendy.

How Griezmann is going if they cant sell players???

They can sell players, they can even buy players, but the ban is on registering players so in this case, Atleti would be unlikely to want to sell if they can't get a replacement until the ban expires.

Didn't he also just sign an extension not so long ago? Wonder if the 50m is his release clause..

He did, but if it's his release clause then we would just buy him, it wouldn't be conditional on Atleti's ban bring overturned, as COPE are reporting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.