Lucozade Recipe Changed!

TCIB

Not appeh, not appeh at all. The new recipe is simply not Lucozade, i know it is to avoid some sugar tax but where do you draw the line. If the stuff does not taste even close to the prior which is what people liked then why do it, pay the tax, hope your loyal customers are willing to absorb it.

I wake up for a swig sometimes and expect a specific taste, when you are half asleep and taste that it jolts me awake due to the wrong taste. I also have to go around and check the sugar content to make sure i get ones with the old recipe, if i find them i buy the bloody lot. Right now i have 30 bottles sat in the kitchen and it is killing me drinking it because it is gold dust now.

Bring back Lucozade you miserable bean counting turd mongers, the stuff you sell now is NOT Lucozade by a large margin.

Anyone else noticed the new one tastes like complete shit?

I grew up with it looking like this.

6f66e8945a821ce8507bad48790b1c79.jpg

Then a few years ago when I was over, and hungover like a filthy dog, I bought a bottle that looked like this.

d51dffe31f14fb3c00d9debb95f2e8e6.jpg

Load of Gatorade tasting cat piss. Chucked it in the bin.

Yeah the proper original one you got from the chemist was the best. The cat piss one was ok then i grew to love it, this new one does not taste remotely like lucozade. The taste is repulsive and not something you would get used to i reckon if you drink it. often.

I really miss the old school recipe you saw in the chemist fridge.

lucazade original is for when you are sick and dead on the couch, why would anyone drink it normally, it's always tasted awful.

We sell about 2 bottles a week in our canteen, lucozade orange on the other hand we can go through 200 bottles a day.

The most ironic thing about lucozade is that is was good for you, so people fetched it when you were ill. I remember the 80s version of it, when you had to peel the sellophane down on it and the sugarry drips would make it stick to your hands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.