Lukas Nmecha

This thread hasn't been active for a while, wondering what people's thoughts are about his development over the past year and his future chances, loaned out or chance to make it to first team.

Sometimes when I watch him he reminds me of Dele Alli, not like a true out-and-out striker, but can play with one (like Muller as well).
I havn't watch him much lately but the last time I've seen him he has reminded me about a speedy Harry Kane. He's tall, strong and has a great shot on him. He also got pretty good and underrated technique on the ball. In comparison to Kane he's a lot quicker though.

I havn't watch him much lately but the last time I've seen him he has reminded me about a speedy Harry Kane. He's tall, strong and has a great shot on him. He also got pretty good and underrated technique on the ball. In comparison to Kane he's a lot quicker though.

Kane is who I would liken him to as well. Not in talent, time will tell on that one, but in attitude. He is as you say tall,strong with a great shot and good technique but he seems to have a real desire to shoot and score goals and there is a real drive about him.

The goal he scored on Friday just showed the confidence oozing through him at the moment. First time strong side footer into the far corner before the keeper had a good chance to set himself.

He is a late 98 but I think he would do great if he went on loan to Twente next season to replace Ünal, our striker situation is a bit of a clusterfuck right now and I believe it would be good for his development if he went there. Ambrose is probably going on loan to Ligue 1 which leaves space for Duncan to play in the U18's and Gonzalez in the u23s

Nmecha = Wilfried Bony of the youth !
The more I watch him , The more I became fully convinced that he will be a championchip player .

For those that watch him, do you guys have any comparisons? What are his strengths and weaknesses at this point? Seems to score quite a bit. Previous posters likened him to Harry Kane.

Reminds me a bit of Darren Bent when he first burst onto the scene.

He's got pace and likes to run in behind with clever movement, but is also strong enough to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

While his finishing is decent, it could definitely be improved further, while he also needs to sharpen up his passing around the box and play with his head up.

I think he's capable of becoming a squad player for us or as a lower PL starter. He's definitely got more ability than Victor Anichebe for example.

I still think Harry Kane when I see him play. Very single minded with his desire to get attempts on goal. Of course his finishing can be improved, you can say that about every striker though, but as said above the area I would like to see more improvement in is playing with his head up and playing in and around the box. Hard to know yet what level he will get to but he will have a very good career in the game.

His weakness lies in his overall play,he rarely links well with others around him and,although he knows where the back of the net is.....he can also be very wasteful and frustrating.
Right now,I dont see anything that suggests he could turn out for our first team,he seems a long way behind the likes of even Rashford.......but he's not long turned 18,so much can happen and he has plenty of time to develop his game.

I would say Nmecha is a much better finisher than Rashford already but the rest of his game as you say needs work. I believe that will come with experience and good coaching.

When I saw Rashford play for Utd youth against city I didn't see anything to suggest he would be where he is now ( even if he is overhyped) He has that priceless quality of real pace to make him stand out and he got the chance to show it on the big stage. I wonder if and when thay might happen for Nmecha or any other budding talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.