Luke Brattan Free Transfer to City?

I live in Australia so I think i might be able tho shine some more light onto this.
Luke Brattan plays in midfield for Brisbane Roar, and he is pretty good. Past couple of seasons he has really shone, controlling the movement of play in matches. He isn't really your core holding midfielder like Fernando, but more like Fernandiniho, just floating around where he needs to be. He offers pretty much exactly the same skills as Zuculini so I too do not see the benefits from this move. But because of disputes over pay with Brisbane he is now free to sign, and Melbourne City encouraged Manchester City to sign.
Although Luke said he wouldn't play for another A - League club, maybe Manchester are signing him until Melbourne City free up their roster so that he can play there. There doesn't seem to be a lot of reasoning for this move, so we will have to wait and see. Especially with Man City's foreign spots already near exceeding

Don't understand this unless we are planning to loan him out to NYC or Girona.

#DareToBrattan

CPu3jcaVAAA7R47.png

If he is going to play for another team in the CFG, why don't they simply sign him rather than us? Very bizarre move.

Born in England originally from Hull. I assume he will be "homegrown" as regards the squad list, but might be wrong, not to sure of the complex rules.

Born In England means he won't have any passport/visa issues. But Homegrown refers to the Football association in which he was developed up to being 21 - in his case Australia, so we don't have any space for him in our squad and he can't go on loan anywhere until transfer windows open in January. Very strange move - he's not even an Australian international - which would suggest that he's not going to be good enough for our squad anyway.

Have we actually signed him? Chances are he's training at the CFA before being signed by another team in the group.

Marinos signed a player Ademilson under similar circumstances.

Born In England means he won't have any passport/visa issues. But Homegrown refers to the Football association in which he was developed up to being 21 - in his case Australia, so we don't have any space for him in our squad and he can't go on loan anywhere until transfer windows open in January. Very strange move - he's not even an Australian international - which would suggest that he's not going to be good enough for our squad anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. Strange move as there isn't room in the squad. If he was 15 I could understand it but not 25. I'm sure City know what plans they have for him and all will become apparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.