Luton away fan ban 80's

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Tam, 18 May 2017.

1. Tam

Tam

Watching the luton v Blackpool playoff and a memory came back to me ( I think ) of getting into Kenilworth road sometime mid to late 80's despite there being a ban on away fans. Did I just imagine it or was there a ban?

2. Tam

Tam

Of this belongs elsewhere please feel free t9 move

3. blue7071

blue7071

No you're correct
    I think it followed the infamous Millwall game. I went there for the last game of the 74/5 season. The cops made you take the laces out of your docs. You could have them back at the end of the game. Impossible.

4. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Definitely banned in 86-87 (Swales and the City directors didn't attend in protest).
    We were still banned after returning to the old First division, but to be fair to the Luton fans, they used to sort a few tickets for visiting supporters.
    I definitely remember a game when Redmond scored,where a local had sold us a couple of tickets in the home end, just before kick off.

5. El Gringo

El Gringo

I went when we played them in the Littlewoods Cup - midweek match - think we lost 3 -1, bit tasty outside afterwards

6. Bigg Bigg Blue

Bigg Bigg Blue

Stores Supervisor
    In a hole that just keeps getting deeper.
    It was maggies ID card thing that caused the problems, Luton's chairman brought it in and only had home fans there.

We all joined and I think I still have my membership card somewhere.

7. Tam

Tam

That would be about right. I can't remember how we got tickets, it might have been through someone in city's commercial department.

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Uppity Twat
    David Evans was the main perp.

9. Tam

Tam

Thanks for the replies. It was one of those where I want 100% sure if it happened or not.

10. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

I was at Ibrox for Rangers v Aberdeen (Souness' first goal for Rangers) on the same day that City played at Luton. I'm guessing it was around September/October 1986
    The City directors had boycotted Kenilworth Road, and there was an embarrassing public slanging match between Evans and Swales on Football Focus.
    Both were pricks, and neither gained any credit.