Luton away fan ban 80's

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Tam, 18 May 2017.

1. mayo31

mayo31

At the 3-1 loss in the confusion 2 groups of fans charged down a street at each other and it turned out to be lads from the same bus

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

A lot of games had that sort of trouble in that era when the big boys were in town. I remember similar spats at Swindon and Plymouth.

3. Danny Hoekman

Danny Hoekman

Yes, we were in the end behind the goal and there were hundreds went up when we scored. They tried to kick some out but gave up. We got our tickets from a contact who was living down there at the time if I am remembering correctly. Iain Dowie was handing out some tickets to City fans before the game.

4. paul1963

paul1963

Went to a league cup game 1980 we won 2-1 ,I think.About 300 City there

5. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

I went to the 1990 game which ended in a draw. Getting a ticket was easy - I actually swapped it for a sixteenth of crappy hash. I remember a pub full of blues singing beforehand. I stood behind the goal in a pen with loads of other blues. I remember a big "City!" chant coming from the seats up the side of the pitch.

6. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    Rags v Berties spicy banter ;)

7. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

That could've been us,the 'Denton Conservative Club' ahem. We had a box down the side.

8. Tam

Tam

You have me at a disadvantage

9. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    I post on there as well Tam :)

10. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Loads of us were in the seats down the same side as the players tunnel and quite a few City chants went up...so much for being discrete in the home end..
    I can also remember a spat between Keith Curle and Chris Kamara (unsure if same game) at the final whistle....there was only one winner i,m afraid...
    Just as the players were disappearing down the tunnel i caught sight of Kamara grabbing our captain round the throat and shaking him like a rag doll.
    The sort of image you never forget.
    Can also remember a fantastic goal from Quinn at Luton..fully on the volley from 20 yards into the top corner.brilliant goal,one of his best for us.