LVG retires

On Monday, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf said Van Gaal had ended his coaching career, with the sudden death of his son-in-law influencing his decision.

But he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser that although retiring was a possibility, it is not "definitive".

The Dutchman also revealed he had turned down the opportunity to coach struggling Spanish club Valencia last month.

"Whether I continue or not will also depend on the offers I get," he added.

"I've coached many clubs and I think it's very difficult to improve on that level of clubs.

"It's not true that I've retired, not at this moment, but I'll decide at the end of my sabbatical, next June or July."

He seemed a decent bloke, to me. Certainly one of the most palatable people to be at Old Trafford over the last 25 years

Despite the pressure he would have undoubtedly been under to do so, he never once publicly disrespected City in his time at united, and for that alone, I thought was alright. I actually quite liked him tbh.

Happy retirement Louis.
Just been watching SSN and Wes Brown was on the programme.Must admit although he`s a dyed in the wool Rag,I don`t dislike the guy and likewise he`s another one I`ve never heard slag City off.No doubt someone will disprove my take on him.

A pathological megalomaniac so far up his own arse that his strange head form can be explained by it. Did produce some good results during his career, but I am extremely happy that he was at the swamp implementing his "filosofee" and not for example working for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.