Macbook Ad Issues

BillyShears

Don't know if anyone else is having issues with the ads at the top of the page. Here's what's happening on my screen.

6xu42f.png

When this happens i usually get redirected to this page. Happens on both Safari and Chrome and happens even after i've cleared my cache/history etc.

3448f48.png

Anyone else having similar issues ?

Have you had a look at settings>help and about? Check if you are up to date or not, don't click on the link you're receiving.

Then do a full virus scan to be safe

Have you had a look at settings>help and about? Check if you are up to date or not, don't click on the link you're receiving.

Then do a full virus scan to be safe

Yeah it's getting worse. Weirdly enough if I run adblock then there is literally no issue. However as soon as I remove adblock when i come to Bluemoon first i get that black screen from the a obscuring the forum, then I get redirected almost immediately to that page.

Going to run a scan now see if there's something been added/attached to my web browsers which shouldn't be there.

Yeah it's getting worse. Weirdly enough if I run adblock then there is literally no issue. However as soon as I remove adblock when i come to Bluemoon first i get that black screen from the a obscuring the forum, then I get redirected almost immediately to that page.

Going to run a scan now see if there's something been added/attached to my web browsers which shouldn't be there.
I would have a look at this article, although it is PC centric they're probably all available for the Mac.

It will take some time but I would complete each and every step, it'll check and clear more than just your anti-virus program on it's own.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-redirect-virus/

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have a look at this article, although it is PC centric they're probably all available for the Mac.

It will take some time but I would complete each and every step, it'll check and clear more than just your anti-virus program on it's own.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-redirect-virus/

Edited to add link, Doh

BTW, you can treat this as a generic clean up article rather than just in reference to a browser redirect. It would do no harm for everybody to run through it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.