Mad penalty wins 20-19 penalty shoot out

Should it have counted?

I thought the rules stated that if the ball rebounds away from the goal that's the end of the 'shot'?

edit** after a quick web search it depends on the referee deciding if the balls dead or not.

Last edited:
Should it have counted?

I thought the rules stated that if the ball rebounds away from the goal that's the end of the 'shot'?

edit** after a quick web search it depends on the referee deciding if the balls dead or not.
Hahaha the keeper,once the ball is struck you can’t touch it again,not sure what the rules state say for the keeper saving it but it still heading towards goal is he allowed to save it again ..

Hahaha the keeper,once the ball is struck you can’t touch it again,not sure what the rules state say for the keeper saving it but it still heading towards goal is he allowed to save it again ..
My understanding is the ball is in play until it comes to a natural stop or goes out of play. The striker can only touch the ball once but there isn't a rule on the keeper - for example the keeper could tip it on on to the post but it rebounds back towards the keeper who can palm it away from the goal line

My understanding is the ball is in play until it comes to a natural stop or goes out of play. The striker can only touch the ball once but there isn't a rule on the keeper - for example the keeper could tip it on on to the post but it rebounds back towards the keeper who can palm it away from the goal line
Yeah that was my thinking on it although wasn’t 100% sure..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.