Madrid - Fans meeting up and news

mcfc1632

Thought that it would be a good idea to have a thread where fans can get news on meeting up and any recommendations on enjoying the trip - apart from the obvious.

We have booked into Hotel Opera which I think is pretty central and someone has mentioned Plaza Mayor as a possible meeting point on Wednesday - although others may have other suggestions.

Me and the wife are staying until Friday so recommendations on places to eat or things to do welcomed.

I've been in the Hotel Opera since Saturday...I've found the best eating places to be on Cava Baja which is in La Latina behind the Plaza Major. I'm sure most blues will be heading for Plaza Major and the surrounding area on Wednesday. Seen quite a few knocking about today...

Staying a few hundred yards from Plaza Mayor. Arrive early tomorrow afternoon all being well and will be heading straight for the ticket pick-up point before checking in to the hotel. Plaza Mayor is decent enough but the Mercado San Miguel is worth a visit too - it's walking distance from Plaza Mayor and is an indoor food and drink market in a glass fronted building. Not the cheapest but worth an hour of anyone's time. Thinking of heading over to the bars around Atletico's ground tomorrow night and watching the Bayern v Atletico game there. El Retiro park is good too in this weather - pints of sangria for about 3 Euros a pop.

I've been in the Hotel Opera since Saturday...I've found the best eating places to be on Cava Baja which is in La Latina behind the Plaza Major. I'm sure most blues will be heading for Plaza Major and the surrounding area on Wednesday. Seen quite a few knocking about today...

We will be getting to the hotel about 2330 tomorrow - I take there will still be lots of places to eat and drink for a few hours?

It doesn't close! Great hotel and a good location close to the Plaza Major..as the post above says San Miguel market is worth a visit

It doesn't close! Great hotel and a good location close to the Plaza Major..as the post above says San Miguel market is worth a visit

Excellent...we wont be in from Dublin until 9pm so prob wont get out until 10pm.

Off Wed am to get myticket,still need one for the wife.

Staying at Puerta Del Sol so not far from Plaza Major.

Staying in santa Ana square which I'm reliably informed is near plaza major.
Won't arrive at hotel till around 9 so can anyone suggest a decent bar near there to watch the Atletico game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.