Maffeo and Angelino loaned to Girona

I would of kept them, it's a mismatch playing the likes of Kolarov and Zabaleta against pacey forwards such as Vardy and Mahrez.
That was the main reason we lost against Leicester if you ask me, we were exposed for our lack of pace at the back.

Girona are unconvinced by Manchester City left-back Angeliño (20) and are signing another left-back, Johan Mojica (Rayo). [Diari de Girona]

Angeliño has yet to even make a matchday squad since he joined the Seguna División side on loan along with City team-mate Pablo Maffeo.

Girona are unconvinced by Manchester City left-back Angeliño (20) and are signing another left-back, Johan Mojica (Rayo). [Diari de Girona]

Angeliño has yet to even make a matchday squad since he joined the Seguna División side on loan along with City team-mate Pablo Maffeo.

I saw that on Twitter earlier, pretty worrying if our youth team can't get a game in the Spanish 2nd division

Did anything happen mentality-wise for Angelino? I thought he looked pretty good they few times I saw something from him.

Maffeo didn't play last weekend, was an unused sub but played the week before and had a terrific game.
I think the idea was to bolster up Girona's squad.
They are currently second in the league and in good form.
If they are promoted (Peps Brother is major shareholder) they will be our feeder club.
We will be able to bring in the best young talent from South America and obtain EEC passports for them.
Not sure how Brexit might affect this but thats a bit off yet.

Giving them Angelino was a bad move. I think for him it must be hard being sent out on loan and not playing when he knows we have two underperforming LB's at home, aand he's barely gotten a chance in his natural position all season.

Giving them Angelino was a bad move. I think for him it must be hard being sent out on loan and not playing when he knows we have two underperforming LB's at home, aand he's barely gotten a chance in his natural position all season.
Perhaps he's just not progressed enough? Hard to tell for us because I can't recall the last time I saw him play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.