Maffeo and Angelino loaned to Girona

I said they got shafted when sent there, and I stand by it. Absolute joke of a deal.

How?

Clearly not good enough to start here, and he's at a club with incredibly close ties to us, who will treat them better than any other loan club.

And in their home country. As a pair, so they're with each other. Maffeo was already familiar with club and staff so he slotted straight into the first team and is now getting good game time.

It was a very good loan. You can argue if they should have gone on loan, but Angelino not being good enough to even get in the squad seems telling.

I said they got shafted when sent there, and I stand by it. Absolute joke of a deal.

I know I responded to this already but if you go and listen to the 2nd part of Pep's press conference today, he explains exactly why they are on loan there.

Angelino can't defend.
And.... Nor can a few of the first teamer's, at least he's better with the ball than both Clichy and Kolorov. Anyone who thinks that those two's experience is more valuable than the speed, desire and hunger of a pair of kids, can't expect anything other than what we have got. Mafeo & Angelino = Nothing to lose.

Pablo Maffeo played 90' in Girona's 2-0 win over Sevilla Atlético, assisting their second goal with a cross. Angeliño wasn't in the squad.

Pablo Maffeo played 90' in Girona's 2-0 win over Sevilla Atlético, assisting their second goal with a cross. Angeliño wasn't in the squad.

Girona look like they'll be promoted. Exciting times. I would keep Maffeo there next season as well to further develop. Will do him a world of good. Not quite sure if he's ready yet to be starting for us. Was great vs rags and average vs Celtic. We could also then loan them some more players, La Liga experience will be invaluable. Would like to see maybe Roberts there, won't be starting for us next season that is for sure.

Girona look like they'll be promoted. Exciting times. I would keep Maffeo there next season as well to further develop. Will do him a world of good. Not quite sure if he's ready yet to be starting for us. Was great vs rags and average vs Celtic. We could also then loan them some more players, La Liga experience will be invaluable. Would like to see maybe Roberts there, won't be starting for us next season that is for sure.
He did very well in the derby,not working out for Angelino though

Maffeo is a better player than Angelino anyway so I'm not surprised by this.

Would be fantastic if they got promoted. I'd look at sending a few of either Brahim, Moreno, Zinchenko, Unal, Manu Garcia, Maffeo (again) and Roberts.

The ones that could make an instant impact would be Unal and Roberts. That would be the real acid test for their futures here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.