Mahmoud Dahoud

Would he replace Fernando?
Don't think so, he's more likely No8, as I conclude after watching 4 MGB's games this season. If you want an analogy among stars, his skillset reminds of Xavi's. Small, great passer, very composed on the ball, almost never losing possession. Very skilled, likes to use 360-degree turn to shake off his marker. Slow, can't dribble, but compensates it with significant amount of running, has a very good stamina (I recall an article claiming he runs about 12+ kms per game, which is an amazing number. Though these stats need to be checked somehow). Physically strong (but far from being a 'beast'), good tackler.
IMO would be a great purchase, I like him very much. But he can't solve the DM pivot problem.

Don't think so, he's more likely No8, as I conclude after watching 4 MGB's games this season. If you want an analogy among stars, his skillset reminds of Xavi's. Small, great passer, very composed on the ball, almost never losing possession. Very skilled, likes to use 360-degree turn to shake off his marker. Slow, can't dribble, but compensates it with significant amount of running, has a very good stamina (I recall an article claiming he runs about 12+ kms per game, which is an amazing number. Though these stats need to be checked somehow). Physically strong (but far from being a 'beast'), good tackler.
IMO would be a great purchase, I like him very much. But he can't solve the DM pivot problem.
Not seen him, but what you describe, good tackler,shakes of markers, never loses possesion, great passer, sounds to me ideal for the pivot.

Not seen him, but what you describe, good tackler,shakes of markers, never loses possesion, great passer, sounds to me ideal for the pivot.
He's too small, I'd like to see a bigger player there. Like Weigl. And I agree with blinkblue, it will take a few years for Dahoud to get to the top level. Would be a rotational player if he comes to City.

I wouldn't even call him a journalist. He just made a name for himself through Twitter. He's not even Spanish/Catalan.
He's from Brazil and has been involved with the sports media before twitter started journalist is someone who collects,writes or distributes news about current events

A lot of clubs will be aware of his release clause next Summer and will pre-empt this by bidding higher in January to coax the selling club. Klopp will be bidding in January for certain.

I would rather have Weigl or Geis.
If you don't have faith in Garcia's potential then sure I can see why you would want Wiegl. Dahood and Geis is a push for me. Different styles but both are effective. Personally, I like Dahoud's calmness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.