MAIL ON SUNDAY AND JOSE

nimrod said:
Jose Mourinho has emerged as the managerial target for Manchester City and their fabulously rich Arab owners.

a made up story IMO, no actual quotes from anybody 'in power' just thr usual crappy tabloid speculation...again, oh and a few vague comments from Jose.

Does anyone in England actually buy these comics?

Not sure how much truth there is in this story, but watching Hughes on Saturday(and Phil Thompson made passing comment to it, on Sky yesterday, however he felt it was a message to the fans)he looks like a dead man walking.

Dutty1968 said:
I had this discussion with a Chelsea fan the other week. We both agreed that if it happened, and I think it is definately a possibility, then City would play boring football similar to the Pearce era, but win!! Would City fans accept 1-0's each week or look to win in style?? I know my view - entertain AND win, therefore Jose is not the man for me!!

I've said that before, Chelsea were boring to watch with Jose in charge.The scum and Arsenal played better football while Chelsea were winning the league(pains to admit it). Give Hughes a chance, in 10 years time on derby day Sky Sports can show a graphic showing all the managers the scum have gone thru while Hughes has been "at the helm" at City. Wouldn't that make a change?

OrigamiNinja said:
Dutty1968 said:
I had this discussion with a Chelsea fan the other week. We both agreed that if it happened, and I think it is definately a possibility, then City would play boring football similar to the Pearce era, but win!! Would City fans accept 1-0's each week or look to win in style?? I know my view - entertain AND win, therefore Jose is not the man for me!!

After the past 30 years my view is 'win at all costs'!

I dont care if we play boring football, cheat or win something by spending half a billion of the Queens english pounds and have everyone saying 'You bought that trophy, its disgusting blah blah blah'!

I JUST WANT TO SEE US WIN SOMETHING!!!

For the price of my season ticket I want entertainment, it's not too much to ask.

look its quite simple, they took our club over sprouting all kind of things for our future, they were shot down for that and have now kept quiet,but the fact remains that they still want that and at all cost, mark hughes was left alone because they didn t want to rock the boat any further, but they probably already had a big name in the frame, just that hes tied to another club at the moment, also hughes was thaksins and john wardles appointment because thaksin saw sven as weak and wardle convinced him that hughes was a tough manager, thats not the vision i have for city, i want more of robbo and less of shit kickers like bellamy, who is playing out of his skin for a big contract, nope for me bring on jose

bluegorton said:
Dutty1968 said:

I've said that before, Chelsea were boring to watch with Jose in charge.The scum and Arsenal played better football while Chelsea were winning the league(pains to admit it). Give Hughes a chance, in 10 years time on derby day Sky Sports can show a graphic showing all the managers the scum have gone thru while Hughes has been "at the helm" at City. Wouldn't that make a change?

Sorry, I can't wait another 10 years. I've already waited 30 odd years. At this rate I'll be dead before I see City win a major trophy. If Jose has been sounded out and is interrested and wants the job, he can have it. Sorry Mark. We've waited long enough and none of us are getting any younger. One more thought. If he doesn't come to City, he will go to United and replace Bacon Face. That in itself is testament to how good a manager Jose is.

If you saw the interview with him on Sky Sports last week, you will know that he now thinks he is a better manager after spending this season is Italy. Apparently he has learned much more about the tactical side of the game. Now he wants to combine that with the passion and work rate of the EPL.(which he still loves and misses) In his own words. Combine those two and you will have an unbeatable team. Hopefully that team will be Manchester City.

jrb said:
bluegorton said:

Sorry, I can't wait another 10 years. I've already waited 30 odd years. At this rate I'll be dead before I see City win a major trophy. If Jose has been sounded out and is interrested and wants the job, he can have it. Sorry Mark. We've waited long enough and none of us are getting any younger. One more thought. If he doesn't come to City, he will go to United and replace Bacon Face. That in itself is testament to how good a manager Jose is.

If you saw the interview with him on Sky Sports last week, you will know that he now thinks he is a better manager after spending this season is Italy. Apparently he has learned much more about the tactical side of the game. Now he wants to combine that with the passion and work rate of the EPL.(which he still loves and misses) In his own words. Combine those two and you will have an unbeatable team. Hopefully that team will be Manchester City.

I cant argue with any of this!

Seem to remember Jose being reluctant to sign so called superstars at Chelsea,being wary of "Galacticos". They ended up with Kezman and Robben(1 season wonder, Kezman not even that).Would that suit the owners?

'I am really, really happy with Inter - it's a "victory machine" - but I want to win the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga - the three big championships in Europe. Therefore, I will also go to Spain

We seem to be conveniently forgetting that little snippet don't we boys?

He wants the Barcelona job next but Cruyff dislikes him, which is why it went to Guardiola. Mourinho is a great manager but he's not the only great manager. I think a lot of people are getting blown away by his celebrity status, calling him 'Jose' like he's your mate ffs.

Dobsy87 said:
'I am really, really happy with Inter - it's a "victory machine" - but I want to win the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga - the three big championships in Europe. Therefore, I will also go to Spain

He wants the Barcelona job next but Cruyff dislikes him, which is why it went to Guardiola. Mourinho is a great manager but he's not the only great manager. I think a lot of people are getting blown away by his celebrity status, calling him 'Jose' like he's your mate ffs.

Calm down.

I couldn't be bothered spelling his second name. (he's my mate anyway) Yes there are other managers, but he took Chelsea along with money from that Russin guy(can't be bothered to spell his name either) from a mediocre team that nobody had heard of, that had little or no support and hadn't won a trophy in decades, to a team that is know known worldwide and has won numerous trophies, as well as constantly being in the top four and in the European Champions League. He has also taken Inter to the top of Serie A in his first season. Regarding Spain. He has plenty of time to go there. There is no reason what so ever for the owners of City not to try and entice him back to us and the EPL. Then again in your world, your probably happy for City to give up on that possibility and stay a mediocre team, a club that isn't well known worldwide and a club with an empty trophy cabinet. FFS!

jrb said:
Dobsy87 said:

Calm down.

I couldn't be bothered spelling his second name. (he's my mate ayway) Yes there are other managers, but he took Chelsea along with money from that Russin guy(can't bre bothered to spell his name) from a mediocre team that nobody had heard of, that had little or support and hadn't won a trophy in decades to a team that is know known worldwide and has won numerous trophies, as well as constantly being in the top four and in the European Champions League. He has also taken Inter to the top of Serie A in his first season. Regarding Spain. He has plenty of time to go there. There is no reason what so ever for the owners of City not to try and entice him back to us and the EPL. Then again in your world, your probably happy for City to give up on that possibility and stay a mediocre team, a club that isn't well known worldwide and a club with an empty trophy cabinet. FFS!

I don't know where you get the idea I don't want City to succeed mate, but you seem to be pretty lax with the truth anyway, either that or your football knowledge is quite poor.

Chelsea "hadn't won a trophy in decades": FA Cup 97 and 2000, League Cup 1998, European Cup Winners Cup 1998.
He got Chelsea "constantly being in the top four": I think you'll find they were top 4 before Mourinho arrived.
"He has also taken Inter to the top of Serie A in his first season": They were the current league champions already i.e. they finished 1st before he arrived there.

I don't deny Mourinho is a great manager, or that I'd be happy if he signed for City. My point, which you seem to have ignored, is that I do not think it is going to happen. He has said for several years that he wants to win the big three leagues and manage Portugal. If he comes back to England he will go to Spain before he does so. As I believe you said, he feels managing in a different league has helped his self development.

Oh, and I'm nice and calm, which you don't seem to be, probably 12 and wetting yourself over the idea that 'Jose' is coming.

ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.