Maine Road,

Zaba-daba-doo

went past the site which used 2 be Maine Road the other day and it brought back childhood memories when i used to go, felt a bit sad, silly i know, wish the atmosphere were abit more like it in the COMS the chants KIPPAX gizza song and WE ARE THE NORTH STAND spring to mind, the good old days eh

dont think its silly to be sad at all, my parents are from withington close to the ground and i cant bare to go over that side - not been over since we moved.

I remember when i used to get the number 11 bus from Piccadilly to Maine Road, i remember the reason i knew we were approachin the ground were the massive Kippax stand towering above the shops and houses, i'd nip in2 the Sherwood pub for a quick few b4 enterin the North Stand for a sing song with the lads, i bet that poor pub along with others round there have closed down now!!

remember when me,me old fella and our kid used to get the 123 bus from ancoats lane to the parkside cut through the alley then on to maine rd pass the maine stand and ticket office round to the kippax we usedto stand on the corner near the away fans.remember asking me dad can a get an oxo and packet of fish & chips crisp great days and memories the first season i started going we just missed out on the championship to liverpool i think we lost the league by a point a think.

my clearest first memories of bein a City fan tho hav to be when i were bout 11 or so think it were 92 or 93 and my dad took me to a game and we were havin a demonstration outside Maine Road for Peter Swailes to resign 'WE WANT SWAILES OUT SAY WE WANT SWAILES OUT' lol i didn't have a clue who he were at the time yet i were hounding him out haha those were the days!!

I cant even look, I have avoided the area like the plague since City left, its sad to think what Maine Road meant to us for it to be pulled down!

Zaba-daba-doo said:
I remember when i used to get the number 11 bus from Piccadilly to Maine Road, i remember the reason i knew we were approachin the ground were the massive Kippax stand towering above the shops and houses, i'd nip in2 the Sherwood pub for a quick few b4 enterin the North Stand for a sing song with the lads, i bet that poor pub along with others round there have closed down now!!

yeah mate its closed now...it has been for a while unfortunatley.

I used to live with my uncle on lowestoft street which was a 2 minute walk from maine road, and i went to st edwards primary aswell. it was amazing, playing football against the wall of the kippax.

My childhood was all based around maine road, and it is upsetting its now gone.

I dont think its silly at all mate.

It will always be in our hearts, and our memories will neva fade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.