Malt whisky drinkers: Did you start with blends and has anybody gone back to them?

Certainly imaginable with the blends. Would you not be able to tell with the 3 year olds since they shouldn't be all that coloured? Doing that to anything older than 3 would be daft imo unless that's the flavour they're going for.

I was reading on a whisky forum that some of high end single malts, stuff that costs over £100 a bottle add it too. One of my favourite whiskies uses it, Glenmorangie. If it says contains E150 on the side of the bottle, then it uses caramel to colour it.

Glenfarclas 105 (cask strength ).
Glenlivet 15yo or higher.
Talisker for a change.
There's a lot to choose from.
I only drink whisky over Christmas /New year, y it has killed too many brain cells as it is!

I don't drink Whisky like I used to, but still enjoy it. I agree that in general terms, single malts are king. But, one of my favourite whisky(e)s is blended. That is Powers Gold Label (Irish). Hard to get but if you haven't tried it, trust me, it is well worth seeking out.

Never could stand the cheaper whisky, don't mind the odd Jamieson. Then a mate introduced me to single malts and I was sold.
For me single malts and goodcognac piss all over any other type of drink for complicated flavour

I was reading on a whisky forum that some of high end single malts, stuff that costs over £100 a bottle add it too. One of my favourite whiskies uses it, Glenmorangie. If it says contains E150 on the side of the bottle, then it uses caramel to colour it.
Ah, disappointed you've told me that now, that's cheating ha!

Not a big fan of blends, but I'll happily sip a single malt. Speyside and Islay malts, not so much Highland. I also have a bit of a soft spot for Penderyn (Welsh single malt), although it is quite sweet.

Ah Auchentoshan, by local distillery. Convinced they just picked the most ridiculous Scottish sounding name they could think of.

Would highly recommend trying a Benromach at some point, really nice little speyside distillery, one of the smallest in Scotland I believe and isn't owned by one of the giant corporations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.