Man arrested in Whitehall on suspicion of planning a terror attack

Yep well done to the police for foiling this - utter scumbag. Not sure we need the constant 'just another lone wolf' everytime. We get the point.

I can't imagine the level if mental illness that would make someone want to kill someone else because they don't love the same invisible person you do.
Please don't call it mental illness,it's that sort of thing that adds to the stigma of true mental illnesses,he has been taught to feel like that all his life and he knows no different,i think most of them feel nothing for their victims because they have been brain washed not to

What about killing someone who does love the same imaginary thing as you do, but loves them differently?
Trouble is, it's not really mental illnessas, a lot of the time, it's taught. Close down all religious schools and make school be about learning. I know we won't but it would be the sensible thing to do.
No arguement here.

I tell the story about what the 6/7 year olds say to my wife every year enough to bore people. But it's very sad.

Please don't call it mental illness,it's that sort of thing that adds to the stigma of true mental illnesses,he has been taught to feel like that all his life and he knows no different,i think most of them feel nothing for their victims because they have been brain washed not to
Sadly people doing this will continue atleast until and probably past when the current infants are old enough to do bad things.

If anything, the two sides are polarising.

What about killing someone who does love the same imaginary thing as you do, but loves them differently?
Trouble is, it's not really mental illnessas, a lot of the time, it's taught. Close down all religious schools and make school be about learning. I know we won't but it would be the sensible thing to do.

I would actually go a step further an ban children from entering places of worship until they are 16. I don't see how we can have freedom of religion when indoctrination is carried out on such young, impressionable minds. Are you really free to choose if you believe in something or not, when you've had it hammered into you during your formative years that you'll have a life after death if you believe and the punishment for not believing is death?

I think religious studies in schools shouldn't be taught by religious people and as much time that is spent on discussing each faith should also be spent debunking the nonsense.

Might be linked to this, woman shot in house during anti terrorist incident in London

This thread could have been 200+ pages long had it not been for our fantastic security services and police.

As SWP's Back said... it's incomprehensible for a rational person to emphasise with these animals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.