Man city lose appeal against Fernandinho red

I hope we build a video dossier of all the tackles that aren't punished by a red and then ask why not. I will start with the Rojo x 2 fouls, any more?
Pointless, really what would be the point, lad that sits near me was going on about it at the match when Fernandinho was sent off, it was a sending off plain as day so moaning about others is just petty.

Pointless, really what would be the point, lad that sits near me was going on about it at the match when Fernandinho was sent off, it was a sending off plain as day so moaning about others is just petty.
I don't think it's petty to want a level playing field and consistency of decision making. Pretty fundamental irrespective of the sport I would think.

I don't think it's petty to want a level playing field and consistency of decision making. Pretty fundamental irrespective of the sport I would think.
It is and mistakes have been made but the lad near wanted Fernandinho to stay on because Rojo hadn't been sent off, that would of been another mistake wouldn't it.

It is and mistakes have been made but the lad near wanted Fernandinho to stay on because Rojo hadn't been sent off, that would of been another mistake wouldn't it.
Yes I see where you are coming from and you are right. Should have read your post more carefully.

Yes I see where you are coming from and you are right. Should have read your post more carefully.
We certainly can agree that some of the referee's have been awful this season missing certain reds and linesmen giving no help and missing obvious offsides, scum getting two in two games as an example.

We certainly can agree that some of the referee's have been awful this season missing certain reds and linesmen giving no help and missing obvious offsides, scum getting two in two games as an example.
It was a pleasure to watch the refereeing performance last night. The fact that I can say that demonstrates how bad its been this season.

They have this or similar in Cricket, Rugby League and Rugby Union, why it hasn't been introduced in football yet stinks.

Cricket and rugby reviews are fact based, whereas what is and isn't a foul and handball particularly is subjective.

Rugby for example looks to see if the ball is grounded or out of play, and whether a player is onside. All of those are quite simple with TV providing yes/no answers. Cricket also provides yes/no on whether something is hit, and the predictive ball path; it's still quite poor on judging if a ball has carried to a diving fielder as the angles are often quite unclear.

Football Offsides on review should pick up clear offsides, but when players are in motion, it wouldn't show it for certain and we'd have to accept that.

How does the whole appeal process work? Is it face to face, or we just notify the FA and they tell us to do one? If it is face-to-face, I can see the point in an appeal, as it gives us the opportunity to go in there and point out the massive inconsistencies, and start to build our case for unfair treatment, even while knowing that there was no chance it would be overturned. If it's all done by email or whatever, then it was a complete waste of time.

I think the club get to supply their grounds for appeal, and then it's judged. It isn't like rugby where the player can request a personal meeting with the panel.

Strange isn't it how they all miss these decisions and the ref doesn't have anyone whispering down there earpiece unlike when we olay/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.