Man City Stop Bucket Collection

First of all I think its a disgrace that the club would'nt turn a blind eye to a collection for Carl and his family, whatever the club policy. This is one of our own!

I also dont quite understand why people are saying the club has no obligation, thats not really the point, this could happen to anyone of us whilst travelling to watch the team. It would be nice to think that the club could offer some help. We as supporters have not been obliged to support the club over the last thirty or so years, but we have, and to such an extent, that in the end it became an attractive proposition for our new owners. Thats because we love City. Considering we are now the supposed richest club in the world, it would be nice of them to offer some financial and moral support. What would purchasing a few flights for his family cost them! they could probably write them off as expenses.

You would think with all the bad publicity the club has been attracting off the media recently, they would be delighted to be presented with an opportunity to get some good publicity and endear themselves to football fans everywhere. I am going to email them and tell them how disapointed I am that they have not come to the aid of a fellow City fan and his family, critically injured while supporting the team. I urge as many people as possible to do the same.

Well then many thanks for your Comments i will pass them on to Carls family i am sure they will be apreciated .But please dont be to hard on the Club They have sent a Card signed by 15 players even though it took them a month .Good luck with the Email i have sent 7 with no reply

Cheesy said:
Do you not need a permit for any charitable collection? Although I don't agree with what happened perhaps this is the reason why they did what they did, ie, officially it was illegal.
For F**S sake that is a jobs worth attidude .one of our own is lying in a coma Hundreds of Miles away in a Foreign Country & all you can do is try & quoate a F***Ing permit regulation I am just glad that all City fans have not got your self rightious beliefs

bitterblue said:
First of all I think its a disgrace that the club would'nt turn a blind eye to a collection for Carl and his family, whatever the club policy. This is one of our own!

I also dont quite understand why people are saying the club has no obligation, thats not really the point, this could happen to anyone of us whilst travelling to watch the team. It would be nice to think that the club could offer some help. We as supporters have not been obliged to support the club over the last thirty or so years, but we have, and to such an extent, that in the end it became an attractive proposition for our new owners. Thats because we love City. Considering we are now the supposed richest club in the world, it would be nice of them to offer some financial and moral support. What would purchasing a few flights for his family cost them! they could probably write them off as expenses.

You would think with all the bad publicity the club has been attracting off the media recently, they would be delighted to be presented with an opportunity to get some good publicity and endear themselves to football fans everywhere. I am going to email them and tell them how disapointed I am that they have not come to the aid of a fellow City fan and his family, critically injured while supporting the team. I urge as many people as possible to do the same.

Totally agree with you. And with you Cyberblue.

Any arguments about the club not being obliged don't come in to it. No one was obliged to do anything apart from Carl's immediate family and friends. No one was obliged to donate or organise buckets but there are some top blues on here who have gone out of there way. And I'm sure the club could easily stretch to some financial contribution.

I can only hope it's because it has not reached the right people within the club. I did something for charity a few years back and asked for help from the club. They didn't help and explained it's because they got tons of requests every week. So I could imagine this getting lost in with other money raising requests and possibly not reaching someone who could really make a difference. So I'm going to try writing to the club as well and maybe between us we'll eventually hit the right nerve.

Well done & thanks .Any defence of the club goes down in flames by some on here, ,as it has been in the programmme .MEN. GMR .I have emailed Garry CooK 3 times & the clubs email adress 4 times . I am sending letters to .Liz Douglas ,RosieBarnes .Mark Hughes .Richard Dunn& Garry Cook on Monday .So Hopefully more from MCFC will be done .BUt please feel free to anyone to contact whoever you want about the situation i am a one man band trying to get the Message across

cyberblue said:
Well done & thanks .Any defence of the club goes down in flames by some on here, ,as it has been in the programmme .MEN. GMR .I have emailed Garry CooK 3 times & the clubs email adress 4 times . I am sending letters to .Liz Douglas ,RosieBarnes .Mark Hughes .Richard Dunn& Garry Cook on Monday .So Hopefully more from MCFC will be done .BUt please feel free to anyone to contact whoever you want about the situation i am a one man band trying to get the Message across

But what exactly are you asking them to do when you're emailing them?

If it is possible to use there PR team to Highlite Carls Predicement &To thaank the Doctors & Staff in Germany for saveing his life .to send a bunch of flowers to his Mum ,& if there is a spare shirt we could auction for the fund .Nothing that is ground brakeing or contriversial After all remember the Quoates MCFC Supporting the fans .City in the Community ECT ECT .what do you think are we asking for to much ?

keep it up cyberblue, worlds richest club my fuckin arse! and some of these on here defending the club make me sick. i wouldnt give a fuck if i upset some **** who was tucking into their roast beef and didnt like being collared for a few quid.

the kippax kid said:
i wouldnt give a fuck if i upset some **** who was tucking into their roast beef and didnt like being collared for a few quid.

And you probably wouldn't make as much money as someone that showed other people a bit of respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.