Man City Stop Bucket Collection

the kippax kid said:
well if you had to wait for everyone to finish 'eating or drinking' im pretty well sure you'd get fuck all

You've got more chance of making money by acting respectfully and not getting in peoples faces when they're having a bite to eat or drink.

Leaflet idea is great. Make people aware without mithering. Can't see a problem with that, but it's probably because the club can't guarantee that people like you won't go bothering their paying customers that they don't allow anything.

Come on, you don't really expect the club to send his mum a bunch of flowers do you? Thanking the doctors and hospital staff should be done by the people closest to Carl ie his family. Auctioning off a shirt is a great idea, the rest is OTT.

And before you start laying into me like you have done a few others I met Carl in Germany, him and his family have been friends with my step family since he was a child and my uncle lives next door to his parents (Declan and Noleen) so yes I do care but it's not up to the club to do some of the things you're asking. I would hope they would mention it in the press, something like a get well message and maybe auction off a shirt and that would be enough.

cyberblue said:
Cheesy said:
Do you not need a permit for any charitable collection? Although I don't agree with what happened perhaps this is the reason why they did what they did, ie, officially it was illegal.
For F**S sake that is a jobs worth attidude .one of our own is lying in a coma Hundreds of Miles away in a Foreign Country & all you can do is try & quoate a F***Ing permit regulation I am just glad that all City fans have not got your self rightious beliefs

If you'd have bothered to read what I wrote you would have seen that I said I disagreed with what the club had done. I was merely asking if this was possibly the reason for what the club did.

Would the like of Mary D's and the Townley etc not be better places to have the bucket go round rather than the Lounge? just thinking that the pubs around the ground would attract more of the loyal ever present Blues, and therefore get a better return to offer to Carls family to use as they see fit (trips to see him, a thank you gift for the doctors & Nurses etc)
Just a thought.

As far as I am aware, the club have a strict policy around collections on match days. They allow one charity for each game. The charity has to be a registered charity, buckets need to be sealed and everything needs to be booked in advance. I am not saying the club were right to stop this collection, but the stewards acted within club policy.

sweenyuk said:
As far as I am aware, the club have a strict policy around collections on match days. They allow one charity for each game. The charity has to be a registered charity, buckets need to be sealed and everything needs to be booked in advance. I am not saying the club were right to stop this collection, but the stewards acted within club policy.

Prepare for a slagging from cyberblue for merely suggesting what the situation could have been ;-)

Cheesy said:
cyberblue said:
For F**S sake that is a jobs worth attidude .one of our own is lying in a coma Hundreds of Miles away in a Foreign Country & all you can do is try & quoate a F***Ing permit regulation I am just glad that all City fans have not got your self rightious beliefs

If you'd have bothered to read what I wrote you would have seen that I said I disagreed with what the club had done. I was merely asking if this was possibly the reason for what the club did.
Sorry mate i have calmed down a bit now & have layed of the Sambucas

cyberblue said:
Cheesy said:
Sorry mate i have calmed down a bit now & have laye dof the Sambcas

No probs fella.

law74 said:
Would the like of Mary D's and the Townley etc not be better places to have the bucket go round rather than the Lounge? just thinking that the pubs around the ground would attract more of the loyal ever present Blues, and therefore get a better return to offer to Carls family to use as they see fit (trips to see him, a thank you gift for the doctors & Nurses etc)
Just a thought.
Mary ds ,Tawnley .Manchester .Victoria were all done on Friday that is where the blk of the money came from .The lad was only going to collect in the lounge because he had a table there & he new loads of people in the lounge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.