Man Commits Suicide at Arndale Centre (merged)

nomorethaksintimes

Walked past this earlier today and he was huddled in a corner on the roof with a few people about 20metres away trying to talk him down. Made me feel a bit sick for the rest of the day.

Apparently he's just jumped - I can't imagine what was going through the poor man's head. Rest in peace. Though I did find it a bit disconcerting that a small crowd were watching him which felt a bit voyeuristic, why anyone would want to see a man fall to his death is beyond me.

Man dies after jumping off the Arndale car park roof

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582823_man-dies-after-falling-from-high-street-car-park-roof-at-manchester-arndale-centre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ale-centre</a>

It's twice in a few weeks now that somebody has threatened to jump off this roof only this time the man did jump. The woman a few week back was talked down.

It's hard to believe the circumstances they must be under for someone to think this is the only way to escape their problems. There are ways out there that can ease their problems and nobody should have to go through this.

RIP

Re: Man Commits Suicide at Arndale Centre

allan harper said:
I bet some **** had his camera phone out too !
You can guarantee in this day and age that some eejit will be stood there with his BB or iPhone filming away, possibly adding the odd 'hurry up' or 'jump' comment.

Man Commits Suicide at Arndale Centre

nomorethaksintimes said:
Walked past this earlier today and he was huddled in a corner on the roof with a few people about 20metres away trying to talk him down. Made me feel a bit sick for the rest of the day.

Apparently he's just jumped - I can't imagine what was going through the poor man's head. Rest in peace. Though I did find it a bit disconcerting that a small crowd were watching him which felt a bit voyeuristic, why anyone would want to see a man fall to his death is beyond me.

I'd just carry on walking! Seeing Something like that would stay with you for life...

Re: Man dies after jumping off the Arndale car park roof

Why anyone would commit suicide by jumping off a great height is completely beyond me, splatting yourself off hard concrete at a high velocity is not a quick and pleasant way to go I'd imagine.

Poor guy, feel sorry for the people who witnessed it.

I remember when trying to drag off a mastiff that was ripping my dog to bits a load of kids just stood round with their fucking phones out. It seems the first response these days isn't to help someone it's to film it so they can post it on fucking facetube or somat.

Blue Smarties said:
allan harper said:
I bet some **** had his camera phone out too !
You can guarantee in this day and age that some eejit will be stood there with his BB or iPhone filming away, possibly adding the odd 'hurry up' or 'jump' comment.

I wouldn't have been interested enough to stand around waiting, but if I was there at the time I would have recorded it, without giving any encouragement.

I also think curiousity would get the better of most people when presented with the option to watch the video.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.