• Raheem Sterling

Votes: 120 45.3%
  • Danilo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Bernardo Silva

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, I reckon we may have lost had he not been sent off. It gave the team that intensity that they were missing and should have had from the first kick off. Before then we've strolled through a game and a half. We need to work harder and pass with more purpose. You could see Guardiola at one point in the first half last night jumping about and that was more animation than the eleven players had put into the game at that point.

Agree , we probably played better with ten men , because we were very poor for the first 40 minutes of the game , but it doesnt deflect from the ridiculous decision to send Walker off , with Sterling , Bernardo and Danilo replacing Jesus , Sane and Stones hence a more attacking formation and with eleven men , quite sure we would have taken the three points.

Has to be Raheem. Completely changed the game once he got going. Kept running at them and even though he wasted a couple chances glad he got the goal.
this, if he would have a better end product, he would be one of the best wingers in the league

Close call between Otto and Sterling. Can see why Stering would get it, because he's easier on the eye. But am giving it to Otto. He really was immense. Just sad that he's been tainted in the past otherwise he'd have got more votes.

Couldn't agree more.
Over the whole game, Otto was the stand out player on both sides IMO. Think those voting for Sterling probably watched the game from their armchairs!
CTID

for me it's either Danilo or Sterling. Their introduction in the second half gave us more edge and energy

Sterling changed the game.
+1
Not totally clinical in front of goal - but he got the tying shot when no one else could. Too bad the game didn't last another 10 minutes or so - we were absolutely hammering them 10 v 10 at the end and would have shortly scored had time not expired.
=====
Sterling MoTM for me because he was in the right position to score time and again and because he took one of the chances he had.
======
That said, Sterling needs to work on confidence - in on goal on one occasion, he passed it (I think that the pass was intercepted) to no clear advantage - if Sterling is open and no clear cut/more advantageous pass exists he needs to shoot.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.