Man of the Match - Leicester (a) Carabou Cup QF

Man of the Match - Leicester (a) Carabou Cup QF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember when we regarded Brazilians as fair weather luxury players?

And now we have the likes of Jesus, Fern and Eddie, who would run through brick walls for City.

Only the skilful and truly tough can handle the PL. Connections to 'The Amazon RAIN Forest' stand Brazilians in good stead to the rather damp Beswick climate.

Zinchenko all the way for me, playing out of position but cool and calm and full of running right up to the final whistle.

It is why Pep is such a good coach he can make players better and get them to adapt to playing anywhere in the team.

I half expected him to bring Ederson on in extra time and play him as a striker.

Another tough one. Bernardo was outstanding with his workrate, control, running and willingness to try and make things happen. The lad was everywhere and certainly deserved his goal.
Foden was another who had the energy of a duracell bunny and bags of class to go with it. A few more pies down him and he'll soon be bossing midfields all over Europe.
But over at left back i saw a young man who looked and played like a seasoned pro twice his age. Solid and determined in the tackle and generally made the right choices.
Despite the twat commentator's assertion that he was a weak link and Leicester should play down his side, Zinchenko played with maturity and grit to keep them out so he walks away with MOTM for me.

Remember when we regarded Brazilians as fair weather luxury players?

And now we have the likes of Jesus, Fern and Eddie, who would run through brick walls for City.

Very good point. You could add Danilo to that list, too, as he looked one of our strongest players in Extra Time. The club clearly identifies people who are not only technically good enough but also have the desired character.

Another brilliant display from Yaya. Sat in his wheelchair pulling all the strings - wasn't going to be bullied - masterclass in control - legend.
Wait till they fix a motor to that chair ........lol
You can see all the young kids saying - Wow - we played on the same pitch as YAYA.

Last edited:
Went for Tosin but was close with Zinchenko. For both of them to be able to come into the team having played so little is great testament to their character. Tosin gets the nod for me because there have been times I've seen him and had doubts but last night was a really mature and competent performance. Well done young lad!

Finally a word about old Claudio Bravio - .
As many terrifying moments as there were match winners and this seemed to have been sensed by Vardy and co. They pressed him relentlessly in anticipation of an error and were pretty close to achieving their aim. With Eddie they wouldn’t have dared commit 3 to a press for fear of the speedy break. Saying that he ultimately won us the game and for that you have to take your hat off to the guy. He came to us as a Barca regular, endured a torrid first term under the new and immature POFTB regime and then saw the arrival of one of the most unique and extraordinary keepers on the planet. I think that he could have a long career with us as a reliable and dependable #2 and like Willy, one to whom we will be grateful for heroics at vital times but will never be Eddie.
Well done Claude...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.