Man of the Match - Monaco (h)

Man of the Match - Monaco (h)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excuse my pedantry but the penalty save was at 1-2 not 2-3.
Not pedantry when it is exactly right and corrects and an obvious error. In my haste to point out it would have put them up by two goals, I posted the incorrect score. Thank you.

A fabulous display of attacking football and Caballero gets MOTM votes for saving a shit penalty? Wonders never cease.
Goal 1) Good work down left by Sane, good ball from Silva, which Sane takes well while on the run and Sterling makes a run and gets a tap in.
Goal 2) Aguero takes a punt and keeper makes a mistake
Goal 3) Brilliant snapshot volley by Aguero from a corner, which ignites his game.
Goal 4) Yaya flicks on corner, Stones pokes it in at back post.
Goal 5) Brilliant 1-2 between Aguero & Silva, Aguero takes a great first touch, plays his best pass ever when faced with only the keeper to beat and a hat trick, by laying it on to Sane for tap in.

There are TWO, possibly THREE, pieces of INDIVIDUAL EXCELLENCE in there, which when compared with a penalty save while down by 1 and the kick save at the very end of the game do not overshadow the importance of those saves to the TIE. Don't forget, this is a two-legged game, and Caballero made excellent saves on two dead cert goals that may well have put the TIE out of reach....or at least very, very difficult to overcome at their place, where they have scored for fun in Ligue 1.

Could it have been Sterling, Silva, Sane or Sergio? Absolutely! But I think Caballero had a bigger say in the overall outcome tie with those two saves.

Good problem to have, eh? Which of these FIVE PLAYERS was MOTM?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.