Man of the Match - Napoli (a)

Man of the Match - Napoli (a)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stonesy was outstanding in a majestic team performance for me. He is maturing like an excellent wine at the moment and i am loving watching his development!

We have a great tradition of fantastic centre halves, going back through Dunney and VK through to Dave Watson, Mike Doyle and beyond. I really do think in John Stones we have another who will in time stand alongside them as a club great.

The equaliser was crucial and as he gets plenty of stick from the media, I'm going for Ota.

Good game by most, little worried about how leggy KDB looked but it was Stones and Sterling who stood out for me
Delph not far behind

Gundogan for me. Linked the play really well and with De Bruyne off colour he stepped up. I think Kevin needs a break but cannot see when he would get one. I think Gundogan could replace him alongside Silva and Fernandinho and do as good a job. De Bruyne has been exceptional this season of course but Gundogan has a knack of getting into good positions and is so good on the ball off both feet. Still if De Bruyne is blowing after 60 mins v Arsenal what an option to have.

Winning in Naples without vinny and silva for the full game...wow.

Lets face it there were many MOTM performances last night. Love the comment about Merlin, he really was superb when he came on. Stones was majestic and Id love to give him the MOTM but Ota was a true leader last night, his header was magnificent and changed the game. Well done City, probably our best team performance in Europe.

On a side note anyone remember that game a few years back at the Etihad against Napoli ? That for me was a pivotal game where our fortunes changed.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.