Man of the match - Southampton (a)

Man of the match - Southampton (a)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've only just watched it this morning, and while I agree with Vinny, I thought Aguero had one of his best games for us this season, he seemed to play a deeper role a lot of the time, and looked good doing it. Sane obvioulsy, and it was good to see KdB back to near his best. I said after the Chelsea game you could give most of the team a 7/10, well this one was only up 1 at 8/10, but its good to see the team performing consistently. For much of the season you'd have 7's and 8's from some, but 4's and 5's from others, and that is why we are where we are, still in a battle for top 4, and not challenging Chelsea or Spurs.

Kompany's performance underlines the importance of quality and leadership at the back. A strong defensive foundation is always a strong recipe for success. His ability to organize the backline and also bring the ball forward is crucial so he is not only the most important defensive player in the squad, I also see him as the most important attacking player in the squad when it comes to instigating attacks. Man of the match and still one of the best players in the league.

I've only just watched it this morning, and while I agree with Vinny, I thought Aguero had one of his best games for us this season, he seemed to play a deeper role a lot of the time, and looked good doing it. Sane obvioulsy, and it was good to see KdB back to near his best. I said after the Chelsea game you could give most of the team a 7/10, well this one was only up 1 at 8/10, but its good to see the team performing consistently. For much of the season you'd have 7's and 8's from some, but 4's and 5's from others, and that is why we are where we are, still in a battle for top 4, and not challenging Chelsea or Spurs.

Yep, no one played badly on Saturday. Good, professional performance in what was a tricky game on paper.

Kompany was excellent and inspired those around him, would be nice to see him and Stones string a few games together. Leroy continues to scare the living daylights out of defenders and Sergio can outjump people a foot taller. KDB is an enigma, his passing has been so off recently then every game he plays on e or two when he just splits defences asunder.

I thought Sané had a bad first half. Seemed quite awkward when Agüero would drift wide, he'd stay on the same wing, and not hit the gaps opened up in the centre in the way Sterling does.

He was also really robbed of any space in which to threaten them until because of how deepe they were, but seemed to have no answers to that. Once we made our breakthrough, obviously the game played into his strengths and he finished well, but I thought it was a little insight into where he's a bit behind Sterling, just doesn't quite have the same answers to his plan A being stifled.

Bravo getting more votes than our three mid-fielders put together, feel the love Claudio.

no one had a bad game, even Bravo made a save. All round, it was a game of 11 men of the match (will include Bravo, was easy game really as a GK), but Vinny was the linchpin, the glue and the leader we have needed, well deserved and his celebration just amplies his passion for the club.

This.. Very romantic moment for the big guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.