Man Utd could have blown us out of the water.

Marvin

Just reading today that the De Gea contract offer is c. £400k pw Basic!

Now that doesn't so much matter when Man Utd are underperforming and outside the Champions League, but how imagine that post Ferguson, they had recovered. There's no way we, could compete with that. I think it was a deliberate strategy by Man Utd to inflate the wages and transfer market to a level where City could not compete.

Fortunately their coaching and recruitment has been bodged, but they could easily have killed City's growth off.

As it is, City are fast closing the gap to Man Utd's revenue generation and the'r competitive advantage will not remain intact for much longer. I am basing that that on the historic progression of both club's revenues over the last 5 years.

All about winning leagues and cups.
Fuck the money.
We're competing for leagues and cups because City dominated the domestic transfer market for the last decaade. I was suggesting that Utd's wage differential to City is extraoridnary. Their top players are on £400k pw basic. No one comes close. had they been successful on the pitch, which they easily could have been with investment like that, we'd have been struggling to make the impact we have.

Just reading today that the De Gea contract offer is c. £400k pw Basic!

Now that doesn't so much matter when Man Utd are underperforming and outside the Champions League, but how imagine that post Ferguson, they had recovered. There's no way we, could compete with that. I think it was a deliberate strategy by Man Utd to inflate the wages and transfer market to a level where City could not compete.

Fortunately their coaching and recruitment has been bodged, but they could easily have killed City's growth off.

As it is, City are fast closing the gap to Man Utd's revenue generation and the'r competitive advantage will not remain intact for much longer. I am basing that that on the historic progression of both club's revenues over the last 5 years.

That was the tactic of Utd & the other Champs Lg clubs as soon as that competition started.

Outspend everybody, thus guarantee the CL money, then spend even more. After just a few seasons, the gap was already huge & of course 'top' players also wanted a CL club, so only the big money clubs can get the big players, so they win, & get more money & spend even more.

Chelsea & City have fucking ruined it & they hate us for it.

Players are signing for United for incredible wages in the hope they get back to the top table. Spending the money they are doing year on year should still mean they will win trophies- if not the big ones. Players join us because we are the best team, best manager, best facilities and very, very well run off the pitch.

Paying 400k a week for a keeper is madness and the rags i know wanted rid of him this summer because he was so bad last year. They could be stuck with nearly half a team earning top money who really dont want to be there...OGS will be gone by christmas if they have a bad start.

What hasn't quite hit home is that if you pay significantly over the going rate then you can not manage your squad as players will never leave. DDG may be a safe bet but no player is guaranteed to maintain a level - look at Joe Hart, who would have ever predicted his decline.

We pay our players big bonuses and that is the best way to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.