Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

If Dyce gets Burnley into the top 6 then he is well in with a shout and rightly so!.

If we break the points and goals record though it should, and will, go to Pep

So a manager who's team has scored the lowest number goals at home in the whole of the league so far (33) - lower than any team that will get relegated and a team who didn't win a single game from December until March should be manager of the season? It's absolutely fucking laughable!

Pep has won 4 manager of the month awards on the bounce this season (another new record) so just how on earth can he not win it?

The debate should not even be on the table. Dyche cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Pep regarding what has been achieved this season.
It's a fucking joke!

Nah, Pellegrini didn’t really do anything tactically or man management wise to win us that league. It was just the 11 most talented players going out and figuring how to win.

Mancini took an average centre mid in Kompany and turned him in to arguably the best centre half in Europe. He took Barry from an average PL centre mid in to a pass master. He took Zabaleta from a clunking, grafter of a footballer in to the best right back in the league. He took a side that shipped goals for fun in to the best defensive unit in the league.

He took Joe Hart from 2nd choice to Shay Given, loans at Birmingham, to England’s number one and multiple golden glove winner.

Pellegrini’s only coaching legacy was to indulge Yaya and let him do whatever he wanted. Worked a treat in 2014 and bit him on the arse in 2015 and 16.

He also fell out with our two best players, Tevez & Bellamy.

But he created a top side. Then destroyed it again.

Pellegrini's incompetence in the following season's, should not mask the fact that he took over a depressed, disfuctional unit & turned them into one of the best teams in Europe, albeit only for one season, that's all the award is for; one season.

Both Mancini and Pellegrini should have won.

17 managers keep their team up. Who is to say that one is better than another of those managers?

Only one manager wins the league and by breaking records and playing beautiful football throughout.

Pep should win it but that's not to say others haven't done well.

I reckon there are amoeba on Saturn that know Pep and Kev and/or Dave should win their respective awards as the best but we all know it's not gonna happen ...! Still, everyone in the league knows it too..!

If it's honest, for the highest achieving manager who got their team to perform exceptionally well, and won at least one trophy in the season, then this year it should be Pep.

If it's biased, corrupt or influenced by jealous rags and old 'big 4' prejudices, then it'll go to Dyche or Pochetino or Klopp.

So a manager who's team has scored the lowest number goals at home in the whole of the league so far (33) - lower than any team that will get relegated and a team who didn't win a single game from December until March should be manager of the season? It's absolutely fucking laughable!

Pep has won 4 manager of the month awards on the bounce this season (another new record) so just how on earth can he not win it?

The debate should not even be on the table. Dyche cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Pep regarding what has been achieved this season.
It's a fucking joke!

Woah calm down. I’ve said that if Dyce breaks into that top 6 with Burnley then he is in with a shout. Not that he should win it.

Try reading the posts properly before launching into a tirade

He also fell out with our two best players, Tevez & Bellamy.

But he created a top side. Then destroyed it again.

Pellegrini's incompetence in the following season's, should not mask the fact that he took over a depressed, disfuctional unit & turned them into one of the best teams in Europe, albeit only for one season, that's all the award is for; one season.

Both Mancini and Pellegrini should have won.

Tevez rightly so I don't think anyone would have an issue with how Tevez was treated, as for Bellamy I would dispute he was ever our second best player and specifically once Mancini was at the club.

In regards to destroying the club, we did finish 2nd and if you look at the title defences since then that was pretty good, ironically only Pellegrini has matched that and it's fair to say that the transfer dealings in the summer after we won the title under Mancini was, by some way the worst we have had since the takeover.

I will agree that both would have been worthy Managers of the Year and even though I have defended Mancini I think Pellegrini's was more outrageous we did win the double that year and scored over 100 goals(second most league goals ever)

Tevez rightly so I don't think anyone would have an issue with how Tevez was treated, as for Bellamy I would dispute he was ever our second best player and specifically once Mancini was at the club.

In regards to destroying the club, we did finish 2nd and if you look at the title defences since then that was pretty good, ironically only Pellegrini has matched that and it's fair to say that the transfer dealings in the summer after we won the title under Mancini was, by some way the worst we have had since the takeover.

I will agree that both would have been worthy Managers of the Year and even though I have defended Mancini I think Pellegrini's was more outrageous we did win the double that year and scored over 100 goals(second most league goals ever)

Bellamy has since came out and said he got it wrong with Mancini so fair do's to him for that but he did get it wrong. But he wasn't exactly a model professional whilst at our club and we did allow him to go to Cardiff and paid a huge chunk of his wages whilst doing so. I still haven't forgiven him for trying a worldy of a pass in the derby when he should have just kept hold of it. It went down the other end and Scholes scored. Fucking awful football.

Bellamy has since came out and said he got it wrong with Mancini so fair do's to him for that but he did get it wrong. But he wasn't exactly a model professional whilst at our club and we did allow him to go to Cardiff and paid a huge chunk of his wages whilst doing so. I still haven't forgiven him for trying a worldy of a pass in the derby when he should have just kept hold of it. It went down the other end and Scholes scored. Fucking awful football.

Bellamy was our best player at the very time Bob dropped him, never mind 2nd best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.