Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

Mancini not winning is understandable. Pelegrini isn't. Mancini won the league but his team wasn't special that season. They had a rival till the end in United. And had to claw back to win it. Admirable, but not a lock for MOY.

Pelegrini blew through the league early on scoring for fun in his first year. Should definitely have won it.
Disagree with that, played some splendid football and handed out a few lessons.

Mancini not winning is understandable. Pelegrini isn't. Mancini won the league but his team wasn't special that season. They had a rival till the end in United. And had to claw back to win it. Admirable, but not a lock for MOY.

Pelegrini blew through the league early on scoring for fun in his first year. Should definitely have won it.

I could be wrong but didn't Mancini take us from 4th the previous season to Champions?
I don't think that had been done before.
Manger of the year without a doubt if correct.

Only 4 times it has been won by a non title winning manager. Craig Burley in 2000-01, Harry Rednap in 2009-10, and most significantly Pardew in 2011-12 and Pulis in 2013-14.

No agenda?

George Burley!

Pep without a shadow of a doubt. Dyche deserves credit though despite what this thread says.

denying Pep the manager’s award, when he’s on target to break every PL record known to man, would be laughable beyond compare!
We were third the previous season I think. But you'd think winning a club its first title in 44 years would be seen as a pretty big achievement. One thing is for sure, if Klopp manages to win Liverpool their first title in around 30 years, he would win it without doubt and it certainly wouldn't matter which lower to mid table club had a decent run and got into a Europa League place.

If its done now then 1. Pep 2. Dyche 3. Benitez
If its done after the end of the season it could be 1. Pep 2. Klopp 3. Pochetino

Like all these awards, its pretty ridiculous to decide them before a season is finished.

We scored more goals under Pellegrini but won the league with 89 points under Mancini and 86 points with Pellegrini. We were special both seasons; Mancini’s team with the 1-5 win at Spurs, 1-6 win at United, one of the greatest ever displays I’ve seen beating United 1-0 at home, and only dropping 2 points at home all season...

In contention for setting a new premier league points record and breaking the goals scored record. Both if pulled off will likely remain for generations. Playing what is widely accepted to be the best football the league has ever seen, all whilst being told his methods would never work in this country because the league is too hard.

Yeah, obviously it should go to Dyche.

Dyche? Really?

Am I the only one finding this to be another ridiculous example of the anti-city bias.

Each time we win the premier title our manager somehow doesnt get the award..... the criteria changes from "producing a winning team" to surviving without money" as if a total backlash against City, wtf!

It's the same with PotY, suddenly its top scorers and "playing in a team that doesnt have lots of good players around them" that wins the award, when in the past it has been the player most integral in the winning team.

(Not a pop at Dyche btw, it could have been whoever, more the fact that Pep wouldnt win MoY for the football everyones witnessed these season, money doesnt buy that)

has he won it?

I said months ago that no-one from City would win a single individual award, and I see no reason to change that prediction. The inclusion of the near 25 year old Kane in the YPOTY award was about as obvious a ploy as you can get, but denying Pep the manager’s award, when he’s on target to break every PL record known to man, would be laughable beyond compare!

You also said the Rags would win all their remaining game or was that the hacker!

I must confess that my optimism that KDB would be POTY has subsided a bit and Kane being in the YPOTY, whilst presumably technically allowed, does seem a bit daft or it would be really against the spirit of things to give him that award.

I'm not going to make any predictions about any of them but I do believe that the most appropriate recipients of the individual awards would be Pep, KDB and Sane (I put Sane ahead of Raz simply because he is younger and only in his second season in England; a bit harsh on Raz but he has been around for a few seasons).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.