managers getting the sack

westie

nothing to do with hughes just a general question and somthing to discuss

but over the last few years it seems more and more managers are getting less time at their clubs in all divisions in all leagues espicaly the top ones but do you you think it has something to do with forums like this.

years ago we'd all go the game and if our team is doing shit chat about it in bars and on the way home until the next game but now you have forums and you can chat about it 24 hours a day till the next game and still be angry over the last game

also

we'd only have the media to hear stories about our club/ manager now you have man ymany people posting stuff in forums some of it true some not about player manager club and these roumours do sperad true or not and end up been talked about in bars or with people on they way to the ground

I think it's mainly due to the money involved to be honest, way more pressure to win now.

cant argue with that but do you think supporters get on the managers players boards back quicker now

Maybe, but it might just be like you said, we're more exposed to the general feelings of the fans than before, with internet forums and radio phone-ins and things. But there's also the money factor for fans aswell, the prices are so much higher now, when you're paying that much money, you feel cheated if your team plays shit, or the players look disinterested, or you've forgotten what it's like to actually win a match. It's hard to look to the long term and be patient when there's so much more at stake in the immediate future than there used to be.

When a manager is fired, they always quote games, I wonder if(because there are less league games, remember when you played 5 before the end of Aug)time wise they are still getting the same but that works out to less games. Reid when he was fired was fired really early in the season, but I think(and I might be wrong), had played something like 9 games.

You may be right about the rumour mongering. In many countries where they have daily papers dedicated to football/sport, managers have a lot shorter careers than in England. For example, Johan Cruyff was the longest serving manager in the Spanish league. I think about 9 years.

Fergie's 22 is incredulous to the Spanish futbol mentality where they have to report every lilttle tidbit of nonsense to fill paper space and get into a tizzy over the slightest run of bad results. Rikjaard was hounded out. Laporta was ''slapped'' in the face by his own supporters this summer. And look at them now. Where are all those knowledgeable fans and journos? (Maybe on Bluemoon)

That continental mentality seems to have spread to Britain now.

bluespana said:
You may be right about the rumour mongering. In many countries where they have daily papers dedicated to football/sport, managers have a lot shorter careers than in England. For example, Johan Cruyff was the longest serving manager in the Spanish league. I think about 9 years.

Fergie's 22 is incredulous to the Spanish futbol mentality where they have to report every lilttle tidbit of nonsense to fill paper space and get into a tizzy over the slightest run of bad results. Rikjaard was hounded out. Laporta was ''slapped'' in the face by his own supporters this summer. And look at them now. Where are all those knowledgeable fans and journos? (Maybe on Bluemoon)

That continental mentality seems to have spread to Britain now.

Good post mate totally agree.

clairepartyring said:
Problem is nowadays, as fans we all want instant success and as we all know,it doesnt happen like that.

This is said a lot on this forum but I don't think it's true at all. Most fans don't expect 'instant sucess' - they just don't want to be in the relegation zone - not the same thing !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.