Manchester City Centre

Millwallawayveteran1988

Was in Manc yesterday and unlike the match where I tend to bypass the centre, had a wonder from Oxford Road to Deansgate past the Midland hotel etc....Seems like the number of beggars/homeless on the streets is increasing by the month. It's almost every doorway. If I was a tourist visiting, I would think it was a bit of a shithole to be honest. Is it just the time we live in now? I used to give a bloke with a dog who sat near Oxford road station a bit of change when I worked in the City a few years back and he was the only one in that area. I must have passed 30 or more yesterday in a one mile stretch.

there are a lot who aren't actually homeless. in stockport for instance there is a man with a dog who regularly begs outside a pet store, who isn't homeless and lives in a leafy big house in wilmslow. the city centre epsically around pica dilly 'gardens' is a shithole, full of drug dealers.

They were all scruffy dirty fuckers who I saw. Putting on a good act if they live in leafy suburbs! Even if you were the type to chuck em a few pennies, there at that many that you wouldn't know who to give to. It was more oxford road to deansgate past the midland and radisson so not just Piccadilly which I agree is a hole! So much has been done to Manchester in recent years to lift it up but this is bringing it down for me. I'm surprised the council are not doing more to sort it because it's definitely growing.

Am hopeful that sir Howard's replacement will be more the type to sort this type of thing. We will see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.