City fined £35,000 for anti-doping admin error

Media are making far too much out of this but I have to agree with the other posters saying that cocking this up 3 times in 12 months is not on. Far too many of these admin problems in the organisation, Jesus transfer looks like being another.

And let's never forget the fact that somebody let our manager go into a crucial champions league game a couple of years ago not knowing what points/goals permutations were needed to win the group

Tbf, I think he was the only person on the staff who didn't know.

Perhaps not the slightest bit relevant but a snippet in the paper today reads :- Manchester United director David Gill with positions at the FA, Premier League, EUFA & FIFA is arguably the most influential man in English football.

When seen in print like that it makes you think WTF. How does one man with a finger in all those pies, who are all renowned for making a whole raft of stupid decisions get away with it & also what chance does anyone challenging the rags stand with him in charge ?
Some may say that being a director of a club and having all these positions is a huge clash of interests. Some may say that but apparently nobody on football does.

Media are making far too much out of this but I have to agree with the other posters saying that cocking this up 3 times in 12 months is not on. Far too many of these admin problems in the organisation, Jesus transfer looks like being another.

And let's never forget the fact that somebody let our manager go into a crucial champions league game a couple of years ago not knowing what points/goals permutations were needed to win the group

Oh right so we need someone employed at the club in charge of Cl/League permutations now?

NO manager should ever need telling OR reminding what is needed to come out,on top.

Oh right so we need someone employed at the club in charge of Cl/League permutations now?

NO manager should ever need telling OR reminding what is needed to come out,on top.

For fuck sake I'm not saying that somebody's job should be solely to work out champions league permutations but there should be somebody who is responsible for that along with things like player registration rules, keeping track of cards and suspensions etc. The manager shouldn't have to worry about this shit, it should all be handed to him on plate in advance of every match so that he only needs to worry about the football side of things

For fuck sake I'm not saying that somebody's job should be solely to work out champions league permutations but there should be somebody who is responsible for that along with things like player registration rules, keeping track of cards and suspensions etc. The manager shouldn't have to worry about this shit, it should all be handed to him on plate in advance of every match so that he only needs to worry about the football side of things

I've no doubt that there is somebody responsible for all the registration rules etc....they just fucked up.

If the testers can't find players and tests are missed it's everything to do with doping. Somebody at the club failed to do their job 3 times. Nobody else to blame.

Testers were not looking for anyone No tests were missed and nothing to do with doping It was a clerical error probably found in an fa audit

Testers were not looking for anyone No tests were missed and nothing to do with doping It was a clerical error probably found in an fa audit
More likely it was a spot visit as detailed in the FA's anti-doping regs

On occasion, The FA may send officials to training venues in order to verify in any respect
the accuracy of the whereabouts information submitted by a Club or Player. Such
verification may be conducted separately to or in conjunction with drug testing

Anybody? They're talking about a possible fine in ESPN by the way.

[I don't have time right now to read the whole thread, if it has been answered I apologize in advance]

Wondering this also. Definitely just gonna be a fine and not a points deduction?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.