Manchester City developer submits latest housing plans

sweenyuk

3067666_Manchester-Life-Lampwick-CGI-1.jpg

A joint venture between Manchester City FC owners Abu Dhabi United Group and Manchester City Council has lodged plans for its latest residential project.

Developer Manchester Life submitted a planning application for a 213-home private rented development in the city’s New Islington area.

The development, named Lampwick, will provide homes across three blocks ranging between five and 10 storeys in height.

Work will also deliver 3,200 sq ft of commercial space on the ground floor along the site’s Old Mill Street frontage, as well as landscaping to the Ashton Canal and 64 car parking spaces.

The project has been designed by architect CallisonRTKL, while Mace is acting as cost consultant and Arup is the multi-disciplinary engineer.

Subject to planning approval, the project is expected to start on site in late 2017 with completion expected in late 2019.

It is the developer’s second major residential planning application in the past two months, having also lodged plans for a 172-home scheme dubbed Vesta, also in the New Islington area

3067665_Manchester-Life-Lampwick-CGI-2.jpg

The Vesta development will range between seven and nine storeys in height and include three separate townhouses alongside a surface car park with 65 spaces.

All the homes will be for sale, rather than private rent.

Other projects the developer is bringing forward in the city include Murrays’ Mills, a 124-bed residential conversion of a mill in Ancoats.

Contractor Graham was appointed to the scheme in March last year.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...yRzVsVVlcL0hqUmdIN2hPY09JOG5pUGNTRkFwcnAifQ==

I am all for new housing but can we please have some that look nice or at least dont scream "eyesore in ten years"

I am all for new housing but can we please have some that look nice or at least dont scream "eyesore in ten years"

That was my first thought as well, those things are going to look shite in a decade when that yellow corrugated stuff has faded.

Looks ok to me. It was a dump round there for yeas but it is slowly getting there. Still wouldn't hang around at night but i can see it becoming very nice once all the areas around are 'sorted'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.