Manchester City Executive Visits India As Owners Look to Expand Reach

Being Indian you will know that 99% of your football followers either support the Rags or Dippers , because they have been force fed these clubs for decades , it will take donkeys years for us to make any inroads and create a supporter base in India

And?

Gotta start from somewhere.

Being Indian you will know that 99% of your football followers either support the Rags or Dippers , because they have been force fed these clubs for decades , it will take donkeys years for us to make any inroads and create a supporter base in India

You'll be surprised to know how huge the fan base is already, and it's only increasing with time. Im not from a major metropolitan but it's still a big city and we have a group of 20-30 regular city fans at the local bar at every screening. Ours is an official supporters club and there are around 8-9 of these around the country and in major cities with thousands of fans. Obviously still no match to the rags and dippers fan base but it's still surprising how the numbers are increasing without any major ad campaign or awareness programs done by the club.

Well I was in India a few years ago and its not all about those now. Nearly all premier league teams are supported as nearly every game is broadcast live. There are a fair few City fans now. Whenever I wore my City shirts in bars or restaurants people would talk to me about City. Also Barcelona and Real Madrid are huge over there. This also might have something to do with the potential Puma deal as Puma have signed Virat Kohli

It's changing quite quickly.
My dad, who only watched football when Brazil NT played, has fallen in love with Pep's game. He never misses a city game now, I was surprised to find recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.