Manchester City youngsters humiliate rivals Manchester United

Not too quick on the draw, mate, as Senor aguero 93:20 subtly hints...

But now you mention it, the rags should be scared. Very scared.

I know-It was more the headline on Sky -a bit of non biased reporting for a change & a great bit of media to share with certain friends of mine who are in denial about their decline.

it was in one of the papers the other day
u13 beat them 5-0
u14 beat them 6-0
u15 beat them 9-0
I was also reading some of the comments in an article about pep buying in the summer some rag was going on how the cfa was a waste of money until some blue pointed out those results haha

This made me chuckle. From Rag Café;

GroteBergMan98 said:
Not sure about the 13s and 14s but there are some factors which make me care even less about results like the U15s
- U14 goalkeeper
- No natural CB
- Striker with Ireland
- Greenwood got injured

Yep, that explains a 9-0 loss. The Rag is clearly a numpty.

The same group of players beat United 9-0 last season. What were the excuses then?

Pathetic that some of them just cannot admit our juniors are better.

Last edited:

The same group of players beat United 9-0 last season. What were the excuses then?

U13 keeper?

Although he seems quite knowledgeable about their youth setup he's actually an 18 year old Dutch student who lives in Holland so unless he racks up a lot of air miles he can't watch them too often (rag TV maybe?).

He seems to think that because of their 'philosophy' (Dutch & philosophy? Where have I seen that before?) their academy is the best out there. He claims that they don't start teaching any tactics until they're at least 16 which does explain why England are so poor if true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/5cgcmu/state_of_the_academy_changes_players_and_our/

Edit: Going off this tweet of his, he's ever so bitter considering that Garre had a trial at the rags before choosing us (and Barcelona apparently). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...chester-city-manchester-united-garre-11531278

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll hold my gloating back as well many of the kids who actually played for CFA in these matches could possibly one day be playing for Utd if they don't make the grade at the Etihad.
Same with Utd's kids, one may be thrown away by utd only to then become worldie and we end up signing him (think of Carlton Pogba)

It is good news and shows our Academy is developing superbly but let's hope they can become world class and play for the first team.

I'd love the day a local lad steps up and becomes a beast for us, proper Jimmy Grimble style.

Although he seems quite knowledgeable about their youth setup he's actually an 18 year old Dutch student who lives in Holland so unless he racks up a lot of air miles he can't watch them too often (rag TV maybe?).

He seems to think that because of their 'philosophy' (Dutch & philosophy? Where have I seen that before?) their academy is the best out there. He claims that they don't start teaching any tactics until they're at least 16 which does explain why England are so poor if true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/5cgcmu/state_of_the_academy_changes_players_and_our/

Edit: Going off this tweet of his, he's ever so bitter considering that Garre had a trial at the rags before choosing us (and Barcelona apparently). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...chester-city-manchester-united-garre-11531278

That dutch united fan is convinced that coaching a philosophy orstyle of play - the way Ajax do, the way Cruyff brought to Barcelona and the way we've copied - is completely the wrong way to coach youngsters. He genuinely believes the approach of the 2 most successful academies in history is wrong, presumably because United don't do it.

He's also convinced himself that as soon as Guardiola leaves the academy will implode. I told him the academy has been playing this way for years before Pep arrived but he didn't respond.

It does't surprise me to hear he's Dutch and likely never even seen the players he talks with such authority on, because he was also the one who was saying how all of our kids are a foot taller and only win because of physical development, which is of course bullshit, and anyone who's just seen them in photos or videos for England or City to know that's not true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.