Manchester City's 1938 Champions Relegation Season

We can't allow Leicester to be relegated, and take away part of our glorious ist'ree. We need to get a Save Our Foxes campaign up and running.

#SOF

Only we could do that, typical City. I remember this coming up in a quiz years ago and even though I was unsure my inclination was it had to be us straight away.

I remember my late father telling me about this. We were top scorers the year we got relegated too!

Interesting Article in the Daily Mail on Saturday about our 1938 Champions to Relegation season.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-beware-Man-City-proved-champions-down.html
The first of many I dare say now that the wheels have come off at Leicester City.

Hope you get a Royalty payment Gary (James)!
I dídnt even know they'd quoted me until this. Got a lot more I could say about that season but the key thing now is for City to keep that record! Can't have Leicester taking another of our wonderful City-itis moments! It was bad enough when Wigan overtook our 'only team to be relegated and play in FAC final'!
While I'm commenting on history, don't forget my latest research (published t'other week) on how football overtook rugby and lacrosse is free to download for a limited period here http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14660970.2016.1276238?cookieSet=1. The free offer ends soon, so please feel free to download it now while you can. Of course, if anyone wants to tweet that link to it (that includes the Daily Mail of course!) then that would help. Cheers

They won't get anywhere near being the 'only team relegated whilst scoring the most goals in the division' title. That is definitely staying with us. They also won't be anywhere near being only 16 points behind the eventual champions (although it was only 2 points for a win, in today's game we'd finish 23 behind, which neither Leicester or anyone else will get close to).

There was an article in the i about it on Saturday and I'm pretty sure I read one in the observer too. Don't know if there has been one in the Leicester local paper yet though.

Personally think the comedy value of the Foxes going down trumps our wanting to keep the distinction. Can't now decide whether they were on drugs last year or this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.