Manchester in the 1960s

Never remember coloured cloths back then, always grey !!

Manchester-UK-1960s-11-768x520.jpg

We had a fair choice of bus from Harpurhey - 60, 61, 63 and the 17. We used to wait for the Rochdale 17 to come - blue and cream!
I lived in Middleton in the 60s/70s and the 121(limited stop,so we used to call it The Langley Flyer) and 122 went down Rochdale Road to town.
And I am pretty sure that the 63 bus was the 163 back in those days. Terminated at Darnhill in Heywood iirc.

When i was a kid (born in 1974) we used to go to a restaurant for birthdays and big treats. Im sure it was called The American Disaster Bar or something.

Be late 70’s early 80s.

Have i got this right or did i dream this ?

I remember the gardens like that in the 70s, then the big wheel came in the 80s facing the Portland Hotel.
Me and my mates always met up outside Lewis's (now primark), that's when you could still drive up and down Market St.
Piccalilli bus station in the late 70s

free uploading site
Spent a fair bit of time when I was a kid in Piccadilly bus station as my dad was a driver and I used to go when him on school holidays or when he did the football special to Maine Road. There was a flight of stairs going up in the station which led to the drivers canteen where we used to have dinner
My gran lived in Blackley use to go on the 60 from Canon street
You could also get the 57 from Canon St to Blackley and that would go though Riverdale, Chapel Lane(where I lived) Plant Hill Road(my high school) and to the Bankhouse estate, it would then loop back round and back into town

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.