Manchester Marathon for a fellow Blue

bluemullet

Hello Folks. I just wanted to draw your attention to the sad plight of a friend of mine and a fellow Blue Andrew who is suffering from Motor Neuron Disease. Myself and few other blues are running the Manchester Marathon on April 8th to try and raise some sponsorship (first dry derby day in eons for me then!).

Without War and Peace, Andrew suffers from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or as better known, Motor Neuron Disease (MND). This is a progressive disease that attacks the motor neurons or nerves in the brain and spinal cord. This means that messages gradually stop reaching muscles which leads to weakness and wasting. ALS/MND affects how you walk, talk, eat, drink and breathe.

Andrew has the worst form of ALS/MND. To put a little context to this, Andrew drove myself and 15 other dads and lads to Wembley (there and back on the day) for the league cup final in 2016, just 2 very short years ago. Now he cannot even stand unaided, and he needs a hoist to be moved, anywhere. Unfortunately things are just getting worse all the time. There is no cure and minimum help available thus the stress on him and his family is incredible and is hard to imagine.

His Friends and Family are trying to help as much as they/we can with fundraising events all the time (there are wheelchairs, adapted vans, downstairs extensions, communications technologies etc. etc. to be paid for), and thus myself and 3 other Blues will be running the Manchester Marathon.

I know that Andrew wont be known to you, but this really is a 'there but for the grace of God situation' for me. It could really happen to any one of us and I would not wish on anyone, therefore I am hoping that as fellow Blues you will be happy to just visit the page below and donate just a couple of quid, it really will help.

Thanks very much Ric for allowing me to post this, and thanks to anyone who can donate in advance.

Link to donate:
https://www.gofundme.com/manchester-maccathon

regards Karl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.