Manchester Marathon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue b4 the moon, 2 Apr 2017.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    At least one lad off here is running today.

As my mother would say 'its a lovely day and at least the runners won't get wet'.

Good luck @salfordblue-tony2.

2. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

Tony Farah finished in 4 hours 36 , a great time

Not sure he's fully recovered from the run and the beers after. Speedy recovery bud.

Round of applause everyone

3. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

[​IMG]

4. m32blue

m32blue

Well done
    Ran it myself,first ever marathon,Ive been training for 4 months.Was still brutal

4;05 minutes. Might have to do it again now to get sub 4 !
    Ran past a lad in a City away top not sure if someone from this site

5. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    Nice one.

Sub 4 hours is a good goal. Fewer than 25% of all marathon runners will ever break the 4 hour barrier.

I worked with a guy who's best time was 2:26:37. He was putting in upwards of 100 miles a week in training.

6. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

Well done and impressive time for a first marathon. I'm doing my first one Sunday. Nerves are creeping in

7. Danbert44

Danbert44

Well done Blues. Finishing a marathon is a 'real' life challenge completed. I applaud you.

8. somapop

somapop

Yeah well done.
    I've only recently taken up running (after years of failed attempts) and have now stuck to it. Formularised a semi prescriptive training plan and round up each week with a 5k park run (new PB at the weekend of 21:40). Takes its toll a little though: currently out this week with a groin strain and I've had lower back/sciatica issues for years (ironically made a fair bit better through running). I also eat too little and got ill through my body running out of energy...but running means I can eat more, so win win.
    Pains aside, I can't emphasise out much phyiscally AND mentally I feel through running. Next step is a 10k race, then potentially a half marathon (maybe a triathlon too) but a full marathon seems way, way off for me. Is there a running thread on here?
    Well done to those who took part.

9. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

Somapop, once you've done a half marathon, a full marathon is easily achievable. Just take maybe 6 weeks to get yourself up to about 18 miles in training, then you're ready to go.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I did 29.5 miles t'other day - Littleborough, Tod, Cliviger, turn right at the lights, up the hill to Weir and down into Bacup. Take the left turn to Sharneyford, up the hill and down into Gauxholme, and then back home. And I still had a bit of juice left in the battery. There's nowt like an electric bike when a marathon comes calling!