Manchester Storm - Ice Hockey

It's grim but can't exactly do much about it - have seen pics of bad scars around the mouth area as well. I've seen a lot wear neck guards with that being the critical unprotected area but it can be a subject of micky taking if you wear one as I've heard from on-ice conversations in the NHL (not sure if they're uncomfortable/a detriment to players on ice.

NHL Mic'd up videos on youtube are funny if anyone wants a laugh re: ice hockey.

This is the result of a puck to the face a week or so ago in Scotland. 3 teeth knocked out, 30 stictches and a broken pallet.

14063860_1375823019113098_8215663623700630778_n.jpg

Last edited:
And remarkably, he played for Braehead last night.

Yep, they are like that, Paul Phillips (Storm player ) had 3 teeth knocked out by a puck last year and played the next day!. just had a bigger face guard on. Athough It wasnt anywhere near as bad as that one.

City really need to get in on this, Storm players are regularly being tweeted by United and going for tours around OT. We seem to be missing out with this.

Last night they had Justin Bieber playing a game of hockey with them, He may be a dick but its a PR dream to have someone with 89m twitter followers tweeting about it.

City really need to get in on this, Storm players are regularly being tweeted by United and going for tours around OT. We seem to be missing out with this.

Last night they had Justin Bieber playing a game of hockey with them, He may be a dick but its a PR dream to have someone with 89m twitter followers tweeting about it.
Well said fella...

City for me should incorporate a whole portfolio of different sporting teams, similar to how many foreign footy clubs operate.
So City Rugby League, City Ice Hockey, City Cycling team...
All functioning at the Etihad Campus.
Would raise the profile enormously and probably people who say would start to follow City Rugby team might then start supporting city Football club.

Enjoyed watching the storm when they played at the Nynex in the 90s

Well said fella...

City for me should incorporate a whole portfolio of different sporting teams, similar to how many foreign footy clubs operate.
So City Rugby League, City Ice Hockey, City Cycling team...
All functioning at the Etihad Campus.
Would raise the profile enormously and probably people who say would start to follow City Rugby team might then start supporting city Football club.

Enjoyed watching the storm when they played at the Nynex in the 90s

I wouldn't like to see this. I feel that the clubs already have their own identities and for us to rip that away in our own city would be poor.

I do agree with Grunge though. The club should communicate with the existing clubs better. Some of the players on the Storm team, whilst not well known at all over here, have thousands of followers on Twitter Stateside. By sorting out tickets or even just conversing with them on Twitter, it gives you access to people who maybe haven't been interested in City before. United are light years behind us on Twitter IMO but this is one part they do seem to be a step ahead on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.